I think I've been SNAKE-BIT!!!

JoeD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I\'ve been SNAKE-BIT!!!

I know this feeling all too well! Never drove one, near ignorant...but I WANT one. Will likely be cruise'n outta state this week to inspect THE ONE. Looking for input/help from ya'll. :headbang:

Words from Seller:
- 94 Red, 9500miles, stock, hardtop, chrome wheels, cover, documentation,... with Performance Package (?I haven't been able to ID what Perf Pack is?).
- Superb one owner car, a 9+ of 10 "show scale". Just "routine mx" performed.

My questions/concerns:
- If near stated, please gimme your input on reasonable Hi/Lo market $.
- Please comment or add to my list of GenI findings:
*** head gaskets....they ALL NEED REPLACED.....check to see if these have ever been replaced, quite expensive to have done.
*** hoods all have a small stress cracks near the front on the drivers side....standard fare...if is missing, could have had paint work.
*** side sills(exhaust pods)...have a tendency to develop spots like rust about the size of a 50 cent piece....some dealers still replace these under warranty....ALL RT/10 VIPERS HAVE IT/WILL HAVE IT/OR HAVE HAD IT REPAIRED.

Although I plead ignorance, I do understand the RAW/Rough muscle I'm gett'n into. Should be REAL FUN if I can control it???? ALL COMMENTS WELCOME.

Thanx in advance...JoeD
:usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I think I\'ve been SNAKE-BIT!!!

not always:
*** head gaskets....they ALL NEED REPLACED.....check to see if these have ever been replaced, quite expensive to have done.
If the car is driven regularly, the concenses is they may not leak, it tends to be the garage queens.

*** hoods all have a small stress cracks near the front on the drivers side....standard fare...if is missing, could have had paint work.
Not the ones that have been replaced! ;)

*** side sills(exhaust pods)...have a tendency to develop spots like rust about the size of a 50 cent piece....some dealers still replace these under warranty....ALL RT/10 VIPERS HAVE IT/WILL HAVE IT/OR HAVE HAD IT REPAIRED Don't know about this one, but if your looking for a near perfect, look to pay $40-$45K, if lucky you'll get it between $36-$40K. Good luck and post pictures if you get it! :2tu:

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got to agree with 96 RT on this. I've got 36K on my 94 and haven't had any head gasket problems yet, that is not saying that I won't. It seems the problem is less likely to occur if you drive the car, besides why did you buy the car in the first place for??? To drive and enjoy, not to take up garage space.You didn't say where your located at but it's Fall,take the top off, windows out and drive it. Stress cracks are normal, as for the sills and spots........it's a SIDEPIPE car, and heat will cause that to happen.Go ahead and get it and post some pic's.

Red 94, K&N's, Smooth tubes, 17" Kinesis K27's, MOPAR wing, MGW stuff, Vmania windows,waiting on Roe Gen1 SC.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I tend to disagree on the garage queen issue of Head Gaskets. This is a defect in material and we have found low mileage cars have no more problem than higher mileage cars. The seeping is almost a given ( we have had 17 cars in a row that needed the repair ) and I would say go in with caution , figuring if not done it will need to be addressed.Keep in mind that 94 is the last year for a warranty, and most dealers will not sell if not purchased through them , per the DC contract. Hope this helps and good luck.