• I like it but I wouldn't buy it.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Gery

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is my first post so be nice. My husband created this account for me to be able to surprise him with stuff from the VCA store but I wanted to post this while his at work.

I was reading through the forums and saw many people is doing their sketches guessing what the 2013 viper will look like based on the teaser shoot and the spy shoots. My husband (future viper owner) drew this one. I don't know if it's close to the real car or not but if it is and once it comes down in price I'd definitely try to convince him to buy it. It looks like a gen2 on steroids while still taking the best cues from the current gen.

You must be registered for see images attach

What do everybody else thinks?

If this was it and assuming it comes with good TC and SC systems (with a big off button) and that big 8.7L we've been hearing about would you buy it?

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's one of the best looking renderings to date!

I would buy it if I could afford it haha

OP
OP
G

Gery

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that looks familar

:nono: Aren't you supposed to be busy at work?

EDIT:

On a second thought could you post that pic you showed me that swaps between the teaser pic and the drawing? Then go back to work. :mad:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:nono: Aren't you supposed to be busy at work?

EDIT:

On a second thought could you post that pic you showed me that swaps between the teaser pic and the drawing? Then go back to work. :mad:

This one?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT animation! I was wondering how close it was to the original posted image and now it's obvious. Good job on sketching it in and IF it looks like that, I'm going to convince MY wife to buy me one.

Welcome to the boards, Gery ... get ready to waste an hour or two of your day keeping up with the 'goings on'. I think you should convince the hubby that YOU might like to have one of the new Vipers.:D

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would agree, that is the closest I think we have seen. No one has seem to gotten the vents or scoops on either side of the center one correct.

Bruce

OP
OP
G

Gery

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT animation! I was wondering how close it was to the original posted image and now it's obvious. Good job on sketching it in and IF it looks like that, I'm going to convince MY wife to buy me one.

Welcome to the boards, Gery ... get ready to waste an hour or two of your day keeping up with the 'goings on'. I think you should convince the hubby that YOU might like to have one of the new Vipers.:D

I would but I don't think we will be able to afford it anytime soon. Thanks for the warm welcome.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would but I don't think we will be able to afford it anytime soon. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hahaha yeah not anytime soon. I just hope prices of gen4s don't go up after pricing for the new one is announced officially. Otherwise I might make John an offer for his street serpent... I'd just need to see it in person first.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that looks the closest ive seen!

i would agree, that is the closest I think we have seen. No one has seem to gotten the vents or scoops on either side of the center one correct.

Bruce

It sounds like you guys know something...

Call me crazy but I think I think I'm starting to see where they are getting their inspiration from:
You must be registered for see images

If that's the case I think this might be just a tiny bit closer...

I thought I would post it in case you want to update your cell phone wallpaper.:2tu:

Last edited:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you guys know something...

Bruce

Bruce was one of the fortunate few to see the clay mock-up at VOI XI, he has a vision in his head :) Welcome aboard Gery & Tony, very nice art work .... looking like you guys might have nailed it :headbang: Based on your rendering, I'd buy one if I wasn't 100k short :omg:

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the car but i'm sure the vent are more like in Tony's drawing based on the spy photos or maybe rounder like in the Jeep SRT8..... but nice jobs to both:2tu:

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Man I saw this after I did a new thread. Here is my version of Tony's a bit of modifications to the headlights and I added color with stripes or without? I think the turn signal will be on the sides based on covered test concept runs.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh Man I saw this after I did a new thread. Here is my version of Tony's a bit of modifications to the headlights and I added color with stripes or without? I think the turn signal will be on the sides based on covered test concept runs.

Holly ... that looks awesome. Can I get a "venom red" one?

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have like 30 something layers
any other colors?

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakskin Green

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I honestly don't think it will look like the concept we just did. look at this you can see the headlight shap and everything.
You must be registered for see images

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wide mouth Frog comes to mind looking at a lot of those drawings :( Not liking the charger front either :(

I hope they have not taken inspiration from that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala