If cash wasn't the problem, would you give up your GTS/RT for a SRT-10?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't decide. I love them both.

TOO_BLUE_003.jpg

(The comparison between the pole dancer and VS model is perfect...

and true...)
whoa i'm not a big fan of SRT-10's but that looks SICK! Can you post more pictures??

oh and you couldnt pay me to trade my gts for a srt10

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 3's are not going to hold up well on resale in the long run. Not much price difference on Gen 2 and Gen 3 now.

Dude, were not talking about money here!!! Re-Read the topic of the thread. Choose with your heart, not your wallet or investment logic:)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pic treesnake, i'd like to see a full photoshoot of those two beauties:2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whoa i'm not a big fan of SRT-10's but that looks SICK! Can you post more pictures??

that is because you are looking at the nicest aftermarket front fascia:) compare it to a stock pic and you'll see the diff.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fortunate to have one of each, and would never be able to decide which one to give up. I guess that is why I kept each one...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice pic treesnake, i'd like to see a full photoshoot of those two beauties:2tu:

Copy_of_TOO_BLUE_021.jpg

Copy_of_TOO_BLUE_004.jpg

TOO_BLUE_022.jpg

Copy_of_TOO_BLUE_027.jpg

that is because you are looking at the nicest
aftermarket front fascia:) compare it to a stock pic and you'll see the diff.

Dom426h is correct. It probably isn't a good comparison to use these cars. There are very few OEM parts left on these cars. For instance. the only OEM part on the SRT are the doors. It's not even the OEM roof. the original was removed and a new one installed. This roof is modeled after the Comp Coupe roof line. It is 3 inches lower than the original

I am fortunate to have one of each, and would never be able to decide which one to give up. I guess that is why I kept each one...

I feel I am very lucky and blessed to have both also...:)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the clamshell hood.
The SRT just can't do the hood thing like this....;)

You must be registered for see images attach

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the SRT vert's lack excitement. But an 06,08,09 Coupe in the right Color has a pretty strong wow factor...

My VOI9 got MUCH more attention than any of the GTS's I had. The car had an amazing presence coming down the road.. Man, I miss that car.. When I parked it next to a GTS, it made the GTS look so outdated.
Next for me, is going to be a 08-09 Coupe, in SSG/Black or Very Orange/Black. Would love a new 09 Bumble Bee also..

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's apples and oranges if you ask me. I own an SRT of course but I think the GTS looks fantastic. I love the lines of the gen 1 and 2's. I love the look of my SRT but would never argue with someone who says the GTS looks better.

I will say this, and once again I own an SRT, nothing on the road looks like a GTS. The SRT's too have their own unique look but can look similar to vettes, especially from the front. That's one reason why I went with a high profile hood. No mistaking it there.

I see no competition between the two. It's just what you personally prefer. I don't think you can go wrong either way and either way you go, you won't be wrong.:drive:

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not trade my RT/10 for anything but I may trade my wife for a gen IV ACR! She comes with in-laws at no extra charge and the chassis is strait!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are buying the car to Show...B/W GTS

If you are buying the car to DRIVE...SRT(any color)

I was much more emotionally attached to my B/W GTs. Everytime I looked at it there was huge pride. Not so much with my 03 Silver Vert. (Although with 800 hp Paxton system driving it was a hoot).

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up my 02 ACR for any SRT-10 but I might also get a SRT-10 ones of these days.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up my RT/10 for an SRT. No way. More than likely I will be buried in it when I die and/or when my wife decides she's had enough of me spening more money on the Viper than her. ;) I would buy an SRT, preferably a GenIV ACR but will still keep the RT/10.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not trade my RT/10 for anything but I may trade my wife for a gen IV ACR! She comes with in-laws at no extra charge and the chassis is strait!

I did...:lmao::rolaugh:

I got my first Viper the day my divorce was final.

Never regretted it...

And NEVER been happier with my new "family"...:D

4_cars_001.jpg

GTS or SRT ???
Very hard decision after driving both...:dunno:

Like the previous posts' stated, Depends on what you want it for.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did...:lmao::rolaugh:

I got my first Viper the day my divorce was final.

Never regretted it...

And NEVER been happier with my new "family"...:D

4_cars_001.jpg

GTS or SRT ???
Very hard decision after driving both...:dunno:

Like the previous posts' stated, Depends on what you want it for.
I never want to see pictures of this garage ever again. Unless of course it becomes my garage!!

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS is classic Viper. I know that the RT/10 is the origional viper, but the timeless design of a coupe is unbeatable.

I went for a Gen 4 coupe, just enough DNA in looks and 600hp with a warranty. But I was coming from a Z06 and wanted a new car to break in myself.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the same boat right now. It is either a SRT vert or a GTS. I really want a blue/white gts but I am having a hell of a time finding one in a decent price range. I have an offer to trade my 05 loaded vette with 25k on it plus 5 grand for a 97 gts with 30k on it. I am not sure if it is a great deal or not but I know one thing...it isn't the blue/white one :(. I am considering this deal because I am growing impatient of waiting for a Viper but at the same time I don't want to pull the trigger and find a good deal on a SRT or a deal on a blue/white gts (like that one that went for 30 grand on ebay!) Hopefully a good deal on a blue/white pops up soon...

One word of advice...be patient! If you want a B/W GTS, be patient and you will find one within or close to your budget. I still look at ebay, autotrader, here, the alley, and other places just to see whats out there for sale. There have been a few B/W's pop up for really reasonable pricing. There was one that was near perfect with 11K miles on it for 40,999 and another with 30K miles on it for 37999 and it looked to be in pretty good shape. I have seen some even lower than that with a little higher miles. Just keep looking for a B/W. When you finally get it and the old owner hands you the keys and you get in and drive it off, you will realize at that time that it was well worth the wait. Those cars look amazing and are the best color combo for the Gen II's IMHO. :)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never want to see pictures of this garage ever again. Unless of course it becomes my garage!!

It's a sickness !!!!

Gen 1, 2, 3, 4...
Coupe or Vert....

Each Gen. and body type has its' own unigue style, performance and "personality".

My problem is (like most people on here) I WANT THEM ALL....

:panic:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go for the SRT-10 Coupe. I'm not in it for what other people think, or how many people look at my car. I think that they are both great looking, and I'd just want to try a different experience. I am not married to my car. I can always come back to another GTS.

I don't remember who posted this; but, great example:
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have posted in another thread, I have an option to buy a GTS for my vette and 5 grand. I MIGHT have the option of buying an 04 for my car and 10 grand. Now if I do have this option, this is indeed a rough decision. From the front end, the SRT look nicer to me. Looking at a profile though....Different story. The clamshell looks so ****. Now, my car + 5 grand stings a little bit for a 12 year old car. But if I buy the srt (which initally wont hurt since it is only 1 year older than my car), I wont be a happy camper if the 3rd gen is the red-headed stepchild of the Viper years and watch it's value continue to decimate while that "old GTS" stays at 30-40 grand for the next 5 years.
Changing gears slightly, the GTS and the term "Rockstar" go hand and hand. Has anyone here with there SRT-10 vert got the love that the good ol' GTS still gets? I just think that it is really cool when people appreciate a great American machine and ask tons of questions about it.

DVSGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was out in the GTS last night and got at least 3 or 4 "Oh my god a Viper". That's only the ones I could hear. I think the curvy one piece hood kind of defines the Viper for me, but I also like the SRT coupes and would be happy to have one too.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 2 GTS's, one was a 96 B/W which I wish I still had. I really like my 08 coupe. Someday i would like to add a 96 again

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 96 GTS for about 10 years and wasn't interested in a different/new Viper until the new ACR came out.... nothing in between had that "gotta have it" factor for me like the 96 GTS did when it was on the cover of motor trend ....

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the exception of the classic/collector versions, Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris, etc ,all are made obsolete and dated looking by the introduction of the next generation. Most people never hesitate to want to trade in for the new gen even after a few years of owning the previous gen.

What has always made the Viper different is the V-10 that is still the largest engine offered in any new sports car.

I would have a Gen IV today if I wasn't still in love with my RT/10 and never plan on trading it in. I know most dealers can't or don't give a decent trade in value for the older Vipers and I would not sleep well after giving away my Viper. My second Viper will be a Gen IV coupe.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first ride in friends Gen 4 when we stopped some schlep said nice corvette to him. F#$@ that crap nobody mistakes a Gen 1 or 2 Viper period. I wouldn't mind adding a Gen 4, but only in death will i part with my GTS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960