If the death of the Viper is true how will it effect GEN I and GEN II owners?

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the death of the Viper is true how will it effect GEN I and GEN II owners?

What's the parts market going to be in 5-10 years? Considering Dodge will probably no longer support the GEN I or GEN II Vipers.

What’s will this do to the used viper parts market? Go up significantly?

Will a day come where we can’t find a part no matter what where willing to spend?

How will this change the VCA?

What other ways with this effect us?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: If the death of the Viper is true, how will it AFFECT GEN I and GEN II owners?

ASSuming your premise might eventually be true..........I checked my crystal balls.....

-Eventually, the VCA will have to become a grass-roots organization, and self sufficient.

-Not likely Chrysler will put any support of time or $$ into a defunct line (see Prowler Club)

-No more engineering support time or dollars.

-No more JRT staffers to call toll-free or complain about.

-Viper Magazine, heavily sponsored by the Chrysler-Dodge ads some complain about? HAH!!

-No more COOL Dues (free money) subsidies of Regional VCA chapters.

-No more {EXPENSIVE} VCA travel budgets, awards and gifts, or expense reimbursements.

-No more new, rare Vipers to raffle off....

-Sponsors will have to step up even more. [So, keep buying Viper stuff on ebay....Im sure those vendors will be around to help you.]

MEMBERS are the VCA. Owners will need a club even more, if your premise comes to pass.

Now, the club's mission is 'to get more enjoyment out of your Viper.' Then, it could be "to keep your Viper roadworthy"

Now, OWNERS benefit from the VCA website....in the Future, it will be a MEMBER BENEFIT.

Learn from history: The Delorean Owners Assn makes Delorean ownership possible! SOBs too.

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think a future death of the viper is going to affect the Gen I & II parts market. we are being affected right now since Gen I & II cars are no longer being made and havent been since the last FE was made. as more cars are wrecked, parts will become available, but the rarity of some parts will continue to drive the costs up in the future. if part prices do continue to rise in the future, i think insurance companies will be quicker to total out a car. i dont see how all of this would affect the VCA.

my 0.02

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In other words, buy another GenII GTS and save it for parts j/k

As with most things the Aftermarket will step in and make any part we need....but it will cost.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how the parts availablility for a Gen 1 or Gen 2 will be affected by how long Dodge continues to make Vipers, they are already not making parts for them, it would be the same as saying when Ford stops making Mustangs, how will it affect the parts availability of the Mustang II.
By the way, JonB your first line is funny

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How has the parts market affected a 1970 SuperBird or a 69 Hemi Daytona? These cars have been discontinued for sometime now. If you want you should start stocking up on OEM & NOS Parts. Some one will make the parts if there is a market for them.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How has the parts market affected a 1970 SuperBird or a 69 Hemi Daytona? These cars have been discontinued for sometime now. If you want you should start stocking up on OEM & NOS Parts. Some one will make the parts if there is a market for them.

I agree. Someone like Year-One will probably step in IF there is enough demand. I would like a new dash for my Gen 1 right now... any ideas??? :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You beat me to it Frank.

The only reason to stock up on OEM is for collector's who typically look at their cars as an investment.

For the rest of us aftermarket will do. And over the years many manufacturing processes become cheaper not more expensive, so replications will be available. In many cases they should even be better than OEM. In 20 years we might be able to buy a complete carbon fiber Viper body for a few grand.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's a market for something someone will make it. Supply and demand always determines the price in a free market. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
georgethedog;2497056[COLOR=red said:
]............... I would like a new dash for my Gen 1 right now... any ideas??? ....[/COLOR].

HALF OF ALL ADVERTSING DOLLARS SPENT HERE are..............not enough to make you aware that PartsRack has a brand NEW OLD STOCK Dash on the shelf. TWO in fact.

Thanks for your email..........

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HALF OF ALL ADVERTSING DOLLARS SPENT HERE are..............not enough to make you aware that PartsRack has a brand NEW OLD STOCK Dash on the shelf. TWO in fact.

Thanks for your email..........

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say... from your tone you must be pissed I did not contact you before my post? The truth be known, I was really not making my original post looking for a new dash, but only responding that someone will make things as demand comes just like Year-One started doing in the early 80's for muscle cars. Then, as I was typing the thought crossed my mind about the dash so I included it kinda as an after thought. I almost immediately e-mailed you right after my post because I wanted to give you the business if I decided to splurge on such an item. I understand what an important part of this club you are and that is why I e-mailed you asap right after my post. Am I not supposed to post questions about parts before I contact you? I want to make sure I approach things correctly on this board as it is so very helpful. Respectfully, Georgethedog (Paul)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it will be more common to use aftermarket parts if we can't find OEM parts anymore.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paul, paul, paul. decaf buddy, switch to decaf! :2tu:

Just trying to make sure I am interpreting Jon's comments correctly. He doesn't need to waste his time responding as he is trying to run a business. I don't want to offend anyone unless I intend to, and in this case I did not. :) The Bradley University fan discussion board was full of smart-arses who would jump down your throat, so I no longer am part of that board. I guess I was so used to that type of treatment that I reacted the way I did. I know this board is not like that and appears to be filled with people who like to help and have some ribbing in good fun with each other. Just trying to get used to the feel of this board. I am sure Jon's and my relationship will be fruitful for both of us! (Not too fruity, however) Oh, and I don't drink coffee and I am already on ******!!! :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't take things to seriously Paul most of what people say on this board are joking around. Rest assured, if you are indeed looking for a Gen1 dash there are other vendors who can help you out. I ALWAYS call around for the best price and the best price that I always get comes from Snake Oyl Products and Alan's Performance so that is where I buy from. I also believe that Snake Oyl has what you are looking for and in stock, if you need one. (I MAY have a brand new one in my basement as well!)

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The effect will be that I can bring my car to Barrett-Jackson, include some guitar that's blue and white and get $750,000 for it!!

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi
What I have seen in the past is eventually the car companies sell/license out their plans/tooling to manufacture the parts for the older cars. Thats how when restoring older cars and ordering from the parts books from these companies you always read made from original Chrysler, GM, Ford tooling etc etc. NOS/OEM etc

GreyKnight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe, unless the Viper is going to completely go away, I hope someone will make NOS parts. Not everything may be available of course, and there even may be conversions for some newer tranny or engine to fit. However, I always enjoyed driving a car that not many people own or see on the road. If taken from the viewpoint of other exotics, even though parts are still made or avail, they are extremely expensive and hard to obtain.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is that the most annoying part of owning a Viper is that there is NOT ONE SINGLE VIPER PARTS VENDOR that has a complete parts list with prices of all available parts for me to see and buy when I desire. I'm the customer, and I hate being treated like I have to kiss someones @$$ to get prices and service.

Last edited:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgethe dog,
I assume you are new to this forum, otherwise you would not take any offense at JonB's post regarding advertising. It is amazing how many readers of this forum continue to ask where to get parts for their cars when JonB's line is "if it fits in or on a Viper" contact PartsRack. I am sure he meant no disrespect.
PAvenom RT/10

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not quite sure what you are trying to say... quote]

THANKS PA Viper...Thanks.

George, Im a pretty literal guy: I was thanking you for your email inquiry, and did reply to it at end of day. THANKS again.

I was also noting the irony (again) that 'half of all advertising dollars are wasted'
Further irony that I spent a lot of time at Bradley in the 60s........

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not quite sure what you are trying to say... quote]

THANKS PA Viper...Thanks.

George, Im a pretty literal guy: I was thanking you for your email inquiry, and did reply to it at end of day. THANKS again.

I was also noting the irony (again) that 'half of all advertising dollars are wasted'
Further irony that I spent a lot of time at Bradley in the 60s........

Thanks. All is fine. We will be in contact regarding the parts. Go Bradley Braves!!! :)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JONB...is simply stating that with all of the advertising he does & also supporting this board that ADVERTISING DOLLARS are WASTED because of the "does anyone know where i can get....."
posts.....

KISS method...if you looking for something that is Viper Related..or fits on a Viper...Give JonB a call at Parts Rack.....

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You beat me to it Frank.

The only reason to stock up on OEM is for collector's who typically look at their cars as an investment.

For the rest of us aftermarket will do. And over the years many manufacturing processes become cheaper not more expensive, so replications will be available. In many cases they should even be better than OEM. In 20 years we might be able to buy a complete carbon fiber Viper body for a few grand.

A few Grand?? Look at the 67 mustang bodys(14k)(rollers30k)The common camaro body shell- 12k......Time repeats itself...

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: If the death of the Viper is true, how will it AFFECT GEN I and GEN II owners?

ASSuming your premise might eventually be true..........I checked my crystal balls.....

-Eventually, the VCA will have to become a grass-roots organization, and self sufficient.

-Not likely Chrysler will put any support of time or $$ into a defunct line (see Prowler Club)

-No more engineering support time or dollars.

-No more JRT staffers to call toll-free or complain about.

-Viper Magazine, heavily sponsored by the Chrysler-Dodge ads some complain about? HAH!!

-No more COOL Dues (free money) subsidies of Regional VCA chapters.

-No more {EXPENSIVE} VCA travel budgets, awards and gifts, or expense reimbursements.

-No more new, rare Vipers to raffle off....

-Sponsors will have to step up even more. [So, keep buying Viper stuff on ebay....Im sure those vendors will be around to help you.]

MEMBERS are the VCA. Owners will need a club even more, if your premise comes to pass.

Now, the club's mission is 'to get more enjoyment out of your Viper.' Then, it could be "to keep your Viper roadworthy"

Now, OWNERS benefit from the VCA website....in the Future, it will be a MEMBER BENEFIT.

Learn from history: The Delorean Owners Assn makes Delorean ownership possible! SOBs too.
:) Possibly a silly question JonB, but other than the obvious cosmetic wear and tear items, what might be a few good items to get ahold of for a 2001 RT/10 now that could be an issue in the future from your experience. Bare with me as I am new to this car and board so any help from anybody will be helpful. I plan on keeping my car for quite some time and would like to have some items on the shelf for replacement. Thanks!!! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness