If you are married or have a significant other

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are making me glad to be single!
I would have hated to ask permission for the PCM upgrade last week.
:)
I too will report back when/if I ever remarry.
:laugh:

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after 11 months the Divorce is final. Sad that 27 years went down the drain, but hopefully, the future will be brighter. When it was all said and done I think I did ok. I got ALL the toys and my business. I keep both Vipers, the boat, waverunners, and the business, and 1/2 of all the furniture. She got her car and the house. NO ALIMONY. Nothing else!!

She now is up to her neck having to work 80 hours a week and is soon in for a major shock as she will get hit with owing the IRS an awful lot of money.

There is some justice in the court system, but getting divorce was still devasting after being with my childhood seetheart all those years.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cars don't cause divorces, they are at most a catalyst. no way a loving spouse would complain about something the other spouse dealy wants to have or do and no way the other spouse would do or have something that might wreak financial ruin on the household. An arbitrary ultimatum is just a symptom of other problems.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, cars don't cause a divorce. But they are often what is Most Important during the divorce.

Good luck in the future Mike! Look ahead, not back--and enjoy!

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife was more of a gear-head than I was when I married her 15 years ago. The key is to marry a car girl.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real issue is the cars weren't about her or us. Didn't want me to have anything. It was something I WANTED! I begged her to go to the events with me but would just start breaking my stones about it. For 25 years I supported anything she ever wanted to do, and devoted those years to my family. Once my kids were grown, I wanted the sportscars again. It was something I had as a teenager. She thought I was having a mid life crisis, saw the car as me wanting to it to pick up chicks. She went thru the empty nest syndrome, turning 40 and decided to use the car as an excuse to run away from me. It was just that, an excuse. She became too insecure, and it caused Huge problems and led to her leaving me 3 years ago, and it went downhill from there. To me I will never understand, other than she had more issues then I was willing to deal with anymore.

Well now I have a new girlfriend, she drives a Corvette, loves sportscars, loves racing and loves me......need I say anymore.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is happy she knows where I am, in the garage and I am not spending the money on another women.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well now I have a new girlfriend, she drives a Corvette, loves sportscars, loves racing and loves me......need I say anymore.

Nope sounds like you got it good now!! :D Only, try to get her a Viper and dump the vette! :eek:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 12 years of marriage my wife finally figured it out that whatever I buy (Cars, motorcycles), its ONLY the beginning.

The Viper Math:

Used Viper 40K
2 months later: 10K in cardboard boxes all over in the garage and coming....

Now she is cool about it, gets occationally moody over extra hoods, rearends, wheels or some other junk I really dont need, like 8 extra brake rotors, Hah, Hah!!... (which I just gotta have, since I stumbled on it on E-bay)

Great thing is that she understands that I get a lot of pressure at the work and my way of "venting out" is taking the Viper out. She rarely questions when I go out for a ride or spend time in garage.

Lauri

formula1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike H., congrats on finding someone that's cool with the car stuff...I lucked out, my wife, although she likes sports cars, doesn't really care either way as long as, as she puts it, it "makes me happy." So she's fine with me selling my current sports car and getting a Viper later this year. And she's seen $15K of boxed performance parts in the basement to which she doesn't blink an eye - but then again when I spend money on my car I spend an equal amount on clothes/jewelry/shoes for her so the family stays happy =).

viper53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew. I will never understand her, but now I don't have to anymore. It does make me sad, especially when I think about Holidays and seeing my kids, even tho they are grown. It just isn't the same. It is life changing. Now it is time to look forward and never look back.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike H - sorry to hear about the divorce, buddy. Sounds like life is good now, though!
I hope you are doing well. I still remember some of the old emails we exchanged years ago. Funny stuff!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960