I'm Getting Blown!!!

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I\'m Getting Blown!!!

After seeing the clips from the "So thats what a SC sounds like @ 180mph" I couldn't stand it any longer and decided adding a Roe SC would make a good winter project, and since I can now say it is officially Winter in Reno since we got our first snowfall last week, the SC is on its way...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m Getting Blown!!!

My first thought was how can you type at that point. Either way it sounds exhilarating!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck. Although its not much of a winter project. The thing goes on in less than 2 DAYS!!!! (if you have never done one before and dont have all the right tools and have to work in a cramped apartment garage with a little room heater) :)

Good luck!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like I always say....fuel injection is nice....but I'd rather be blown! :)

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats JimT 99RT!!!

I'm not trying rain on anyones parade, SC's are way cool. I'm happy for anyone getting one, they make BIG power gains.

I hate to say this to all you SC fans, and I'm sure some of you will beat me up over this, but........ My old ****** 94 w/ 29K miles, recently whooped ****** on a SC'd Viper here. I'm not on a bottle, not stroked, still only 488 ci. I must admit however, the SC Viper had only the SC, no other work, I'm sure with all my work and then a SC it would be an untouchable and really scarry ride!

Everyone needs to look within, the power lies with in! Just work it out so you can use it!

My beat-up, old, high mile 94 got 540+HP and 575 Ft lbs trq. to the ground. What a ride! :eek:

OP
OP
J

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ryck,

You have to admit though that it is one damn easy way to add extra juice without having to do anything but bolt on a few extra parts :cool: besides I'm really just after the sound, the added horsepower is just a nice side effect :laugh:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ryck,

You have to admit though that it is one damn easy way to add extra juice without having to do anything but bolt on a few extra parts :cool: besides I'm really just after the sound, the added horsepower is just a nice side effect :laugh:

:2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang:
I agree to the MAX!!!!!!!!!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YES, I do admit it. I don't want anyone misunderstanding my post, like I said I ain't dis'in nobody or nothing, I like 'em!

It's cool you're getting it. Big bang for the buck HP. But there is a TON of HP locked down inside that motor already!

A dealer here, the owner is a good friend, is a Roe dealer and does an awesome install job with custom painted parts and custom polished parts, it's overly cool work.

You should be able to see some of his work at www.chuckanderson.com, click on the box with the photo of the yellow viper on the home page. There is a small photo of a red car with the install, and then you can click on the photo of the yellow car with the hood up, and you'll get a close up of his improvement on Roe already killer work!

Enjoy your SC! Killer upgrade.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:laugh: Jim, PM me and give an e-mail, and I'll e-mail a complete list Monday of all the work that was done to the ol' red ******.

It was mostly top end stuff. Dar is HP in d'em dar heads :D But not cheep to get it all out. :(

We did stuff like porting heads, bigger intake and exhaust valves, milled, decked, re-shaping the combustion chambers, re-sizing the combustion chambers, Blha, Blha, Blha.... We never went into the lower end. We left most rotating mass all factory, which keeps reliability, however we did change the cam. There's a lot more, but I need the list, which is on my computer at work.

Another thing, I don't know that it matters, is all the work was done late in it's life. The car had 28k plus miles when we tore it down and did everything. The work was all done at www.chuckanderson.com, almost all parts came from Jon B at www.partsrack.com., the heads were sent to a guy named Jeff Mory, or Morie? Killer workmanship. Rick Maxwell at Woodhouse then took the car and did an alignment, and did all the dyno work, fuel mapping, etc... He said they used a mustang dyno, what ever that is worth. He said it was one of the strongest Gen 1's that he's seen without a bottle or blower. Those Woodhouse guys are awesome! A great place in a small town! Bob W, who let me race his GTS GT-1 at Mid-America in Viper Days in the Pro, fender to fender, class is a true Gentleman and a class act!!!

Don't lose sight of what you're doing, it's a great deal for the gains you'll be getting!!

Enjoy it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96