I'm seriously getting sick of Vipers being looked down on. Sick of it.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Gen 1 for a simple reason. It's the car that brought muscle back to America... give it some thought. It was built to be what the Cobra was back in the 60s. (and much needed) This car still kicks some serious a$$ and can more that hold it's own.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually roll with the Ferrari club here in SC and the majority of them are car guys who appreciate a beautiful car.

But at bigger Ferrari events, if you don't own a F-car you are kind of shunned.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had nothing but respect for my car. I usually don't talk alot of crap about my car, I don't really have to. When all the Vettes, Ferraris, lambos, and other come over to take a look and the hood is up, they can't say too much about a twin turbo.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you bought your car for YOU and don't care what anyone else's opinion is....but made a post about how everyone else's opinion of your car bothers you, and wish they all thought your car was cooler?

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
where i live the viper is king lol. when im rolling in the viper with my dad its awsome, havent herd any negative comments yet. i think the viper is a real car enthusiast car. only a real car guy can understand why the viper is a viper. i went to a car show the otehr day in westport ct with my dad where there was a veyron, mclaren f1 and even the ferrari p4/p5 and still people were taking tons of pics of the viper. there was even a ford gt not to far down from us in the parking lot and there definatly was a bigger crowd near the viper.who cares if they talk $h!t, its your car to enjoy. i cant wait till i can own my own viper so i know that feeling

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are lots of nice cars around Atlanta and I have yet to meet any people bashing my viper. The people hating your car are so miserable deep inside it doesn't matter if they own a Bugatti or a scooter,nothing in their lives brings them joy except spreading their own inner missery........sad way to go through life. True car enthusiasts love all cars and have enough class to appreciate anyones personal tastes. This is just the my experience around Atlanta and Georgia.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to add to kman's comments: Yesterday we attended a Viper event, Orange County Choppers where 87 Vipers met!!! Awesome in and of itself. But, my point: We returned after the lunch BACK to Orange County Choppers to buy some t-shirts we'd forgotten when we were there earlier...and 3 fellas in a SCION came up behind us and said "AWESOME Viper, what year is that?"...so we answered and I walked up to HIS car and said "WOW, what type of car is this?"...he was taken aback, and said "It's a Scion"...I said "AWESOME!"...he and the others were speechless...then the driver said "WOW, coming from someone driving a VIPER, THANK YOU!"...I always say, WHATEVER people drive, they are PROUD OF THEIR CARS...does NOT matter WHAT car it is. So, yes, we appreciate all others' cars and show respect...you get that back 10-fold. ~juli

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are lots of nice cars around Atlanta and I have yet to meet any people bashing my viper. The people hating your car are so miserable deep inside it doesn't matter if they own a Bugatti or a scooter,nothing in their lives brings them joy except spreading their own inner missery........sad way to go through life. True car enthusiasts love all cars and have enough class to appreciate anyones personal tastes. This is just the my experience around Atlanta and Georgia.

Kman,

Where abouts in the Atlanta area do you live? I share the same opinion, and have nothing against Vipers....even though I drive a Z06.

Always looking for other enthusiasts to get together and cruise with! :2tu:

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you bought your car for YOU and don't care what anyone else's opinion is....but made a post about how everyone else's opinion of your car bothers you, and wish they all thought your car was cooler?
Given that people are more courteous in person, I guess I can qualify that I am sad about how the Viper has somehow gotten a bad name in terms of handling and being a redneck-dream-mobile on internet communities (where people are less polite) when I know that is not true. At car shows you always meet guys who are truly interested, but online it is so full of hatred for the Viper.

And to clear up some of the other posts, I am not a troll on the Audi board the example post was from. I've been on there for years and years from back when I had a B5 S4 and that is an off-topic forum.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always been baffled about the "Vipers can't handle" crap people say, myself. I suppose because you often see stories and/or pictures/videos of Vipers crashed online, and people know there are no electronic traction control systems they just say that. It's BS, Vipers generally do exceptionally well on skid pads and in the slalom.

But I don't see a lot of hatred for Vipers. I see a lot of people wanting to COMPETE with them, but I don't think it's hatred. There are a lot of ricers that wanna say "LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY HE SPENT ON THAT VAHPUR AND I WAS FASTER LAWL." But I wouldn't call that hatred.....maybe a lil jealousy, though ;-)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am fortunate to be an instructor for some of the car clubs in the NW. {We are NOT known for snootieness here anyway, except maybe about gourmet coffee and micro-brews.}

Just last week, Lambo of NW held a customer track day....56 cars. About 20 Lambos, several Ferrari, several Lotus, and the usual mix of Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, Panoz, and 1 Vette. LOTS OF LAMBOS! I drove my 06 SRT-C FE {Blue/White} I have to say that the spectators passing thru probably took just as many photos, and asked just as many questions about the Snake as about the Bull-Pen cars...... I did not feel any less 'appropriate' at the event parking a Viper amidst the exotic Italians .... in fact, at THIS event........ my Viper was the rare exotic!

Everything is relative I guess........ Hoity-Toity, or hooty-tooty-snooty, when you step into your garage you GOTTA love YOUR OWN flight plan.............

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It still marvels me that when I drive by our college most guys walking down the street don't even look up . I think to myself they must be testosterone dead. I always want to know the excitment of what
it would feel like to drive a high horsepower car ,truck, tractor. So not to much fan fare in our town either. However we do have this VCA web site which is great.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It still marvels me that when I drive by our college most guys walking down the street don't even look up . I think to myself they must be testosterone dead. I always want to know the excitment of what
it would feel like to drive a high horsepower car ,truck, tractor. So not to much fan fare in our town either. However we do have this VCA web site which is great.

It's the same feeling when u have a 10 inch penis...when you are in a singles bar the girls have no idea and even if u tell them they say "yea right"

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do some of you even care what others are thinking of your your car or whether or not they are looking at you? if you can afford a viper, you have obviously worked hard and have made some accomplishments in your life. congrats. now go out and enjoy the fruits of your labor by going for a drive, enjoy yourself in the few nice days we have this year, and cherish the thought that you woke up to see another day today.

i bought my car for me - not anyone else.

Last edited:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do some of you even care what others are thinking of your your car or whether or not they are looking at you? if you can afford a viper, you have obviously worked hard and have made some accomplishments in your life. congrats. now go out and enjoy the fruits of your labor by going for a drive, enjoy yourself in the few nice days we have this year, and cherish the thought that you woke up to see another day today.

i bought my car for me - not anyone else.

Well said!

Let the social trauma you suffered in middle school stay in the past, and move on to a new day!

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around DFW I get lots of thumbs up from random people, even a F430 driver the other day. People who appreciate fine/rare/beautiful/powerful cars are just that, they appreciate all.

Those who have cars as a representation of their status in the world are a different bunch... it is true that I cannot afford a $180k Ferrari... I don't care. If the Ferrari driver does, what's that say about HIM (her)? Why does he care that I can't afford one? LOL

And to the OP, if the rags are comparing the ZR1 to your '98, a model car 10 years older, what's that say about them? LOL If the ZR1 wasn't competitive 10 years later, that's a problem with IT, not the GTS!!

And... anyone who could look at a 427 Cobra and tell me it is loud, hot and kinda narrow (as an example) is someone who's opinion about cars means nothing to me :) You appreciate it or ya don't.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the same crap from my Ferarri owner buddys ect -WOW Dodge built an engine around a piece of plastic.MY reply is- your the guys (Ferrari owners )who spent close to 300 grand for your cars to get beat by my piece of plastic.

I know this was posted a long time ago... but to whoever said that "WOW Dodge built an engine around a piece of plastic." is a *****... In actuality Lamborghini took part in the creation of the Viper's V10 little does he/she know....or maybe since this was posted 3 years ago that person now knows this information. ;)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And with the new record at the Ring... the Viper has done it again. Doing in half a day what took others week if not months or years to perfect and fine tune. The Viper broke all of their records with room to spare. And it did it without regard to finness. That just eats em up! :lmao:

Well said Warfang... not to mention the Viper has the sexiest body of 'em all! No other car has the curves these babies have!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Uhm, Warfang is gone, RIP.

Anytime somebody wants to diss the Viper, ask what kind of time the car he drives turns on the Nurburgring. If it aint a Porsche 997 GT2 RS, or a Gumpert Apollo Speed, tell him to go f himself. The Viper ACR kicked everyone elses' azs. That's the facts. All other talk of high-tech-this, price-vs-performance-that, etc, is just justifications for losers. In sports cars, the only thing that counts is WINNING. Losers look at the ACRs' tailights, and that would include ALL regular production Ferraris. Ferrari? Pfft! (no disrespect, Fiat! 8^) )

fastestlaps.com/track2.html

Hope Dodge brings their A-game with the Gen5.

Last edited:

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody who says anything negative about a Viper is nothing but Jealous. That sums it up...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just remember these comments when a mustang pulls up next to you or you meet him at the car cruise.

ive seen plenty of stang bashing here, its the same thing

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only had one knucklehead scoff at my Viper. "What's the sense of owning a car like that if you can't drive it fast?" Clearly, he is happy with his Toyota Echo and he's still proud of his Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker.

I'm happy he has found his nirvana. Or whatever it is he found.

My Viper is entertainment, pure and simple. I have a Honda Accord for transportation.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I bought my Vipers because I loved them--hand built and all. Never figured on the attention they would get here in Sarasota ( Ferrari land). It's kind of neat to see the Viper get all the attention when parked with Ferrari and Vettes. Never planned it though---just get what I like---Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang