In-car video from Sebring... (shameless plug for Viper Days)

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Rich
I have been trying to gather as much film about Sebring as possible. Just doing my homework to be prepared for Viper Days. See you there.
By the way, he was in 6th gear on the Ullmann straight, thats really honkin' in that car!

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, there are 3 turns at Sebring that are just wild. Turns 17 and 1 seem as wide as a football field and finding reference points is hard, not to mention the fact that there are several fast lines through these two corners. The kink on the back side (Turn 13?) is blindingly fast and my goal next month is to find the balls to stay WOT through there... I'm looking forward to it though!
See you then,
Rich

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tomcat, I just clicked on the link, came up in Windows Media Player. I saved it to my Sebring file. Simple as that.
Re: Sebring, if I don't see you Thur. night at the hotel, I'll see you at the track Friday morning, early! I have an 8:00 am appt. with Archer for the track alignment. Flyin' Bryan

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich
I have never driven Sebring. Any other tips you can pass along?
Any other sources of track footage?
I have the track map memorized, but video really helps the memory process!

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan:

Asking a hack like for me for tips is a bit like asking your toddler for career advice, but I'm more than willing to share what I know... It's mostly reference points for turn-in, gear choice, and bump avoidance. Look me up Th night or Friday morning at the track. I can show you my videos from the PBOC races in Jan in our toterhome.

Best,
Rich

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I need to be at the track Thursday pm. Sebring 12 hour this weekend! That will be my track map!!!!!!!!!

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kink on the back side (Turn 13?) is blindingly fast and my goal next month is to find the balls to stay WOT through there...

We do it... Come back for the SAFE event on May 7 and we'll show you.

Say, Chuck don't we have like hours of Vipers at Sebring on video? Load one up for 'em.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Rich, great Vid. See you at Sebring.

BTW, do you have a vid of a lap at VIR. I am bringing a guest this year and want to show him some footage.

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich & All
You got it! I'll be in late Thur. evening, but will be at the track early Am on Friday. Look for the V-TEN Racing Team with 2 pit boxes.
Hack my butt - you've been there, done that. Me, I'm a Sebring ROOKIE, I'll take all the help I can get. You know what I am talking about, those tenth's are hard to come by :2tu:

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan:

Glad to hear you've hooked up the V-TEN gang. They are great guys and excellent drivers, and kind of typify what Viper Days can do for people.

I'm really looking forward to getting back on the Sebring track and getting my lap times under 2:20. My guess is that the faster VRL cars will be at 2:14.

The turnout for Viper Days should be excellent.

Rich

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is a good driver, but the Vipers will blow him away... http://www.gilhartmotorsports.com/sebring%20qualifying%20lap%202005.wmv

you must be insane? That guy ran a 2:12 lap. Tommy archers best lap at sebring in the wcgt race was 2:14.

I ran a 2:12 at vir and crushed all of the stock vipers. I ran a 2:32 at sebring my first time there, on bad tires. I would bet there won't be many stock vipers breaking the 2:35 mark.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, who must be insane? Rich runs in the Race group on slicks which is what I will be doing at Sebring. Maybe my stock Viper can get under 2:25. Check the times for Viper Days after they come out the first of May. Hope to see you at VIR again this year.

Tom

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've talked to 2 WCGT drivers who were also feathering the throttle through Turn 14 last month so maybe the race cars just carry much more speed through there... Regardless, it's going to be hoot! Here's hoping for good weather and a great turnout. I'd really like to see some new faces, and am sure some of the Sebring veterans can teach us all something about the track.

Rich

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, who must be insane? Rich runs in the Race group on slicks which is what I will be doing at Sebring. Maybe my stock Viper can get under 2:25. Check the times for Viper Days after they come out the first of May. Hope to see you at VIR again this year.

Tom

I just hope to be under 2:40.

Best thing about Viperdays is the transponder does not lie. :2tu:

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see our first race at Sebring WCGT at our race website. Go to www.MJHRACING.com and click on the VIDEO link.
At the race after hitting the stalled Woodhouse Viper we had a car with a blown 5th gear and a damaged front end. Turns 13-14 are usually flat out like the 6-7 combo. Turn 17 if you watch our car has lots to gain if you start breaking into the apex and turn in later, then braking in the end of the straight. You see us even though we had to coast into the turn in 4th, since 5th was blown, catch up to a lot of cars there.
Good luck!!!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I was looking for you on the World Challenge Race they televised this weekend, but looks like you had car issues and couldn't race. Too bad, man. I wanted to see a GTS out there with the rest of the cars.

I'm flying into sebring and renting the Neon to run on Sunday, so at least I get to try out the track for the 1st time. Wooh! Just need to book a room. Where are the rest of you staying? Sounds like there is a place right next to the track? Is there anything to do after hours around the track area, or is that the reason the host hotel is further away (closer to good stuff?)

-Manny

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer that flyin Ryan can't make it, I'll have no one to talk smack to.

Everybody have a safe drive down. Looks like the temps will be in the mid to high 80s.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuesday night, got to take is easy tomorrowand get to bed early on Wednesday night, have to catch a 6:00AM flight Thursday morning out of O'hare to Pensacola to pick up my truck and trailer then make the 500 mile drive to SEBRING. Can you say YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get much time to take pictures in fact , I only took 3.

2548Sebring_Viper_Days_05.JPG

I left it large resolution so someone could look closely at some trailers if so desired.

2548Sebring_Viper_Days_05-med.JPG

Here is the small one.

2548SebringViper_Days_racer-med.JPG

2548SebringViper_Days_racer.JPG

Cudaman :usa:

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time running with viperdays again!!! Props to Courtney and Skip for another great event.

I was able to get down to a 2:33, not too bad I guess for my first time at Sebring.

I must be getting a little wacked in my age as I liked going around T1 hanging tight at the cone in the fence and pushing way out onto the rumble strips. :eek:

Brakes take a beating for sure at that place.

Can't wait for VIR! :2tu:

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a blast for sure. Well worth the drive from Dallas. Thanks to all, and Rich & Chuck for your help & advice. Sebring is a lot of track to try to learn in one weekend.
Took the wifey & girls to Disney on Monday. What a great family vacation!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang