IN/KY VCA Mtg...Feb 14, 2009 in Louisville, KY...Update and Correction...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE: There is an error in the latest electronic newsletter concerning the date of the Louisville meeting...it will take place on Saturday Feb. 14, 2009 and NOT on the 7th as stated on the first page of the newsletter AND in the yearly calendar. This was MY error, not Ron Fleming's!!!

Here is the CORRECT info from the November newsletter:

"February 14, 2009...IN/KY VCA Meeting...NOON EST KingFish Restaurant, River Rd. and Zorn Ave., Louisville, KY. Contact Steve Fess for more info...317-402-9013"

Here is a map link to "KingFish Zorn and River Road"... 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY

kingfish - Google Maps

I will continue to post updates on this meeting on the VCA's web site in the IN/KY section.

SORRY for the error and any confusion!!!

Steve Fess

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
SATURDAY, February 14, 2009...IN/KY VCA Meeting...NOON EST KingFish Restaurant, River Rd. and Zorn Ave., Louisville, KY.

Here is a map link to "KingFish Zorn and River Road"... 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY

kingfish - Google Maps

Actually, KingFish management asked us to TRY to be there by 11:30 AM (EST) as it is Valentine's Day !! Please plan to complete any necessary "holiday shopping" BEFORE the meeting.

Contact Steve Fess for more info...ESPECIALLY the Northern and Central Indiana folks who may want to "convoy" to Louisville. While it may NOT be likely that the weather will cooperate with us... we can still HOPE for Viper weather !!

Plan ahead, and expect more info in a couple of days!!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Our meeting date in Louisville, KY on Saturday, Feb. 14th is getting closer!!

At this point, the Indy area and the Louisville area weather forecasts are similar in that they both show precipitation...possible rain/snow flurries. It's still too early to be SURE...but, I suspect that this may NOT be a Viper Day...though we can still hope.

The KY folks will be especially pleased to hear that former IN/KY VCA Member Adam Brennan has been invited to our meeting...and, Adam has agreed to come!! Although he is presently without a Viper (he's currently "slumming it" with a Ferrari Testa Rosa and a Lamborghini Diablo in his garage!!!), he is still a Viper Guy!!!
Adam also has a wide experience in Viper maintenance, repair, and tuning...AND, he currently works on MANY Members' and non-members' Vipers in the Louisville area. It will be good to see him again, as it's been a couple of years since the last time.

REMEMBER the time and location: NOON (EST) at The KingFish Restaurant at Zorn and River Road...see link below:

KingFish Restaurants » Restaurant Locations & Contact Info

For the Central and Northern Indiana members (and the Central Northern Illinois member), the route is pretty easy...I-65 South to the Ohio River...get into the RIGHT lane Southbound on the I-65 Kennedy Bridge early so that at the end of this bridge you can make a right turn off of I-65 FOLLOWED by an IMMEDIATE LEFT turn on to I-64 EAST...staying in the LEFT LANE so that you can (very shortly) merge onto I-71 heading NORTHEAST toward Cincinnati...then, in a couple of miles...OFF of I-71 at the Zorn Ave. Exit ...go NORTH on Zorn Ave. to River Road...KingFish is right there ( 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY).

IN/KY VCA "convoy" radios are the FRS type (such as the Motorola Talk-about)...set to Channel "5", Security code "0"...use they if you have them.

Need info or help??? Contact Steve Fess

NOTE: ALL Vipers Owners are invited to this meeting.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
SATURDAY's weather forecast: Indy area...light wintry mix in AM, low 25 with a high of 38.

Louisville area...showers in AM, temp in the high 40's in the PM.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
GREAT meeting yesterday...THANKS to all who attended!!! The only sad thing was the bad weather in Indy, Muncie, and Fort Wayne when the Indiana crew departed...leaving the Vipers "asleep".

BUT, the Kentucky group made a good showing with some cool Vipers...Gen I, Gen III's, and Gen IV...plus Adam's beautiful 512 Testa Rosa!!!!

And speaking of Adam (aka "ab" here)... THANKS for coming, Adam, it was great to see you again. The Kentucky Members present had already met Adam, as he services their Vipers...with MORE work planned for several this spring!! I always like to think "once a Viper guy, always a Viper guy"...and this has again proven to be the case!!! Hope to link up with you again soon.

We really owe Adam a SPECIAL THANKS for the sets of his Quality Wires that he GAVE AWAY as door prizes. Needless to say, people were quite amazed by these wires and truly appreciated Adam's graciousness (as well as his "Viper knowledge" that he also shared).

John, we really enjoyed meeting you...noting that I really was unaware of your motorsports accomplishments...and, YES, I have already looked at some of the "record books". We will look forward to cruising together this spring or summer!!!

Jim..you REALLY put together a fine meeting and gathering...the future is BRIGHT for our Club !!!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Ron's newsletter covering this meeting has been sent out...GREAT looking letter, Ron. THANKS for the photos, Jim.

If any IN/KY member has NOT yet received this newsletter, please let me know.

P.S. For the few NOT using e-mail...your printed copy was mailed this AM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen