Inner Fender Well Removal - Driver's Dash Pad Removal

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inner Fender Well Removal - Driver\'s Dash Pad Removal

I started installation of the "dedicated" cruise control on my SRT-10. I NEED the cruise to avoid speeding tickets when traveling the interstates doing 700 to 1100 miles a day.

The second step called to remove the inner fender well. I got all of the fasteners removed, but see no way to remove the large rear panel. Anyone out there know how it is supposed to come out?

I backed out the upper coilover mount bolt and was able to spring the well over it, but couldn't get the panel clear of the lower outside body panel. I came close but thought I'd scratch the paint either getting it out or putting it back in.

I am hoping that you don't have to remove the RH lower exterior body panel.
Also since I am stuck, and will have to do it later, how is the driver's side lower pad removed? This is the piece that goes below the steering column and is padded housing the pedal adjustment switch.

I went with the dedicated cruise to avoid pain and to have the wireless control.

On a related note does anyone know the torque spec for the coilover top bolt?

Once the cruise is in, I only expect to change brake pads, oil, and filters so I really don't want to invest in a manual.

Any help would be appreciated.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Inner Fender Well Removal - Driver\'s Dash Pad Removal

You really should have the service manual for the car. It comes on CD and was less than $40, has been a life saver for how to... Maybe some of the techs here will chime in and let you know where to order. Sometimes a simple do this then this is a set of many simple steps.

PM me with your address and I'll burn you a copy of mine 2004/2005 and send it to you unless this is a copyright issue that I would rather not debate here or anywhere.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Inner Fender Well Removal - Driver\'s Dash Pad Removal

The torque spec for the shock assy bolt, upper or lower, front or back, according to my 05 Viper Manual is 100 ft-lbs.