Innovate Wideband Question??

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a Mopar performance computer and went for a test drive. My Innovate wideband was working fine for about a mile or so. Then suddenly started reading 20.1 and stayed there. I cut off the engine and turned it back on. It does its initial cycling and then goes right back to 20.1 regardless of whether the engine is on or off??? O2 sensor gone bad? Does the Mopar PCM screw it up somehow or is this a coincident? Ideas?

Thanks!

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, new symptom...After the car cools down, it starts working again. Heats up again = "20.1" solid reading again. The cooked wire idea is possible. I'll check that out tomorrow. Definitely heat related I guess. Just put on baby watch duty, fun is over for the day!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all O2 sensors in these cars have to "heat up". so when the car is just being started, before the O2 is warmed up, it might act more normal... but normal operation isn't until the O2 sensor is "warm".

probably the sensor. i'd check that again.

JD

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Innovate set up is a little different, the heater circuit locks out the reading till the heater gets the O2 up to temp. If you are reading 20.9 that means it is reading pure air, that is the oxygen content of mother earth.

Try to recalibrate again. Where is the sensor located.

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Innovate set up is a little different, the heater circuit locks out the reading till the heater gets the O2 up to temp. If you are reading 20.9 that means it is reading pure air, that is the oxygen content of mother earth.

Try to recalibrate again. Where is the sensor located.
The sensor is located after the headers, before the cats.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the Innovate LM programmer it should allow you to change the sensor input to a 0-5V analog, that will give you an an idea of how the sensor is working. In other words, log voltage, not a/f.

The strange part is the install proximity of the new pcm to the bogus reading. If you are worried you can also use a scan tool and check the volatge on the oem O2 sensors. It should be rapidly changing in the 0-1 volt range. Joe is probably right and it is the Innovate sensor or associated wiring, you would have set a PO17X code if it was running lean under load.