Insane bass from an RT/10 Subwoofer

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just finished installing an 8" sub in the passenger footwell of my RT/10 to finally give some meaningful bass out of that car. I had no idea how well it was going to work out. If any RT/10 owners out there want to have unbeliveable bass in your cabin, let me know and I'll send you the measurements of the box I made.

I still need to carpet it so the screws don't show, but you get the idea... I got the L7 version of the Kicker Solo-Baric sub and I'm putting 300 watts too it from my Alpine digital amp. The thing can take 900 watts. I can't image what that is like.

THIS SETUP MADE MY NOSE HAIRS VIBRATE!!!

Yes the inside is dirty from dust... Yes it takes up some of the footwell... I had a 6' 2" friend of mine sit in the car and he was just fine with the leg room (considering he was sitting in a Viper).

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 116

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've built a set-up like this before in an rt/10, it does sound really good ! :2tu:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some... that takes up a lot of the foot well space.

And yea, it's gonna get kicked to crap. IMO it's not worth the time and effort.

:usa:

OP
OP
K

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the grill on my Christmas list... Wife always needs shopping ideas...

I don't know who you guys have getting in your Viper, but I figure telling someone not to put there foot through the sub in the passenger seat is a pretty easy warning...

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Someone said if you point it forward the sound is even better. I'm in the process of making one for a Gen 3.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not resisting...

If Chuck was rolling in an old RT/10 for 2 hours a day...to work and back,.. He might like some tunes along for the ride.

Not that earplugs aren't cool...

Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not resisting...

If Chuck was rolling in an old RT/10 for 2 hours a day...to work and back,.. He might like some tunes along for the ride.

Not that earplugs aren't cool...

Just sayin'...

Chuck has 125,000 miles on an old RT/10 and spent a couple years commuting to Sarasota every day (1+ hour one-way from Tampa).

But admittedly, Chuck's an anomaly.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great. Someone said if you point it forward the sound is even better. I'm in the process of making one for a Gen 3.

Bass is non-directional. For the most part, turning it around isn't going to increase the bass, but it would prevent people from kicking the sub.