Installing 5 points that came w/ BTR rollbar ....RJS belts

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that i have my interior all stripped apart, im wondering how i am going to mount these belts. Seeing as they join together at the top(above shoulder harnesses), im wondering what bolt i should mount it to...anyone have some serious advice on what i should do? ide appreciate it..thanks

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im having trouble folling these instructions, maybe some pictures would help, but let me see if i got this right.

"The shoulder harness attaches to the outer bolt on the roll bar mounting pad at each upright bar."

- Is this the outside bolt that the rollbar does not use to mount? the one that is next to the vertical side of teh triangle brace aroudn teh bolts?

"The harness attaches to the roll bar mounting pad with the triangle shaped mounting plate sewn into the belt."

- is this just saying that you attach the belt by rescrewing the bolt though the eye of the belt mounting brace?

....from what i read it sounds quite easy. It looks like im just going to mount the shoulder harnesses through the outside bolt, and then make the cutting that i need, and the other lap belts are self explanitory. Is this right? or am i looking at the wrong thing? ...sorry, but thanks for the help... i just make to make sure i do it correctly, after all it is a seatbelt....

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yea, and how do u disconnect the key alarm disarmer? do we have to disconnect all teh wires that are connected under the arm rest?

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Yellow,
Sorry to hijack but related subject. I already have Teamtechs installed and am thinking about getting the BTR rollbar. Does it look like the rollbar can be installed while keeping the same eye bolts for the harnesses or do the harness anchor points relocate when you put the bar in? I've already got the holes in the console/side pieces. Thanks.

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rollbar does mount into the inside 5 point bolt. However, it only raises the threads about 1/4 inch.... in fact the stock belts bolt thru the other side of the rollbar.... so my advice to you would be, if you could get the same mounting ring for your teamtechs, yet having the threads be a little longer than stock (are they?)it would work. Otherwise the threads might not reach.... it could be done, safely too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo