Installing M&M headers soon, will I need anything else?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be installing M&M headers on my viper in the next couple weeks, is there anything else that I may need? I know I will have to cut the reducer off my Borla exhaust and replace it with a 3 inch pipe to make it a full 3 inch system. I have new oem header gaskets. The car is a 98. Will the O2 sensors just go into the new headers? I bought spark plug wire protectors for the wires. Anything else?

I have very ambitious plans for my car the week I am off starting June 10th so want to make sure I have everything prepared.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be installing M&M headers on my viper in the next couple weeks, is there anything else that I may need? I know I will have to cut the reducer off my Borla exhaust and replace it with a 3 inch pipe to make it a full 3 inch system. I have new oem header gaskets. The car is a 98. Will the O2 sensors just go into the new headers? I bought spark plug wire protectors for the wires. Anything else?

I have very ambitious plans for my car the week I am off starting June 10th so want to make sure I have everything prepared.

My husband just did ours about 3 weeks ago. He said it was very easy.Well, easy compared to other cars. He bought the metal gasket from Viper Parts of America. No leaks! He bought the stainless steel band clamps for the header/ cat connection. Only thing extra was the removal of the air box and blower motor on passenger side for header to slide in. Mine is a 96 GTS.

You will love them!

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very easy to install but if you run into any questions you can call Mitch on our tech line. Even on weekends.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, any tips on removing the blower motor or is it self explanatory, haven't really looked into it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper