Instead if CAAP webcam, how about a daily progress report?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

Since the "webcam" idea is really not possible (understandably so in my opinion) how about a CAAP daily "progress report"?

Perhaps we could see a photo of what went down the line that day, and what VINS are being built? What problems (if any) they are encountering, and what VONS are going to be scheduled for VINS? What is the next color to be run?

The photo might be a hassle, but what is happening "on the line" that day would be really great. This production would give all of us a source of "up to date" news and save alot of dealers from fielding all of our calls.

After all, only a few of the really big Viper dealers really know what is happening and have factory contact (I believe this is correct). The local dealer only has their "daily build sheets" with our Vipers status. We usually know more than the reps! This is understandable to me, because the Viper is a very small part of the sales picture for them; it is not a priority in the big picture.

So; does anybody know if this is possible to get a CAAP "daily report"? Just VONS going to VINS and what VINS are going down the line would be great, along with maybe a paragraph of daily news would be wonderful. The person who makes the post would have an internet address that would not recieve any messages from us; we could only read the info. I don't think this would take too much effort or time this way, do you?

Just an idea! What do you think?

Jim

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea.
When my Z06 was being built, I followed it's progress through the
process and with far fewer Vipers built I think it could be done.
It would be a nice thing for the VCA.

2Charmed

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2charmed;

Thanks for your support! I am hoping others (especially VCA officers) will think this is a fun idea.

As another thought, perhaps we might only have access to the "daily report" if we actually have a VON or VIN. For CAAP security and comfort releasing info to this site, perhaps this would make a "for your eyes only" kind of priveledge?

This could be alot of fun, and make the looong wait go by quicker. I feel like a parent in the maternity waiting room hoping for news on the baby. You know, "how's it going in there"? What's happening, Doc?

If it should be possible for this "daily update" from CAAP to become reality, who do you think should be able to see it? VCA ONLY? People with a VON or VIN only, etc?

Do you think that a VCA "user fee" should be charged to pay for someone to post the info?

I look forward to more of your opinions. I am not a VCA officer and in no way have any "pull" to get this to happen. I am just one of you, fellow owners and Viper enthusiasts.

Now, I wonder if they have started on my Silver SRT in D-1 yet? It would be cool to look here and find out the scoop!

Cheers,

Jim

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once your car goes D-1, your dealer can use the Dial Function to follow it down the line for 3 days. This assumes there are no parts shortages or problems with chassis dyno runs, leak tests, fit & finish, etc.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think one of the moderators on this site could be responsible for posting the information on this site. Possibly week by week
of which VONs have been assigned VINs and which VINs are expected to move on the line for the current week ect.
That's how the Vett thing worked and it seemed to generate a lot of excitment.

With the Vette thing you had to provide a valid order number and request the status. That makes sense so only the VCA requests would need to be researched as opposed to every Viper built.

I'd think DC would want to do this for their most "loyal" owners.
I don't see that any extra charge would be necessary.

Regards,

2Charmed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen