insurance help

terribleted13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wazzup,
I'm new to the viper ownership family.who's good/decent for insurance.I'm leaning toward grundy. Any good or more likely bad experenices with them. I just received title work fro the dealer in Smithtown NY. previous owner was Carmine Galletta,I was told he is the president of the NY.viper club.Anyone know? Or more important to me, any history i might want to know about.
Thanks for any help. :crazy: <font color="yellow"> </font>

OP
OP
T

terribleted13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool: wazzup,
Just contactd the transport company the car is in Goodland
Kanasas! :D :D :D I should be burning rubber after lunch :eek: So keep your young children off the sidewalks! :shocked: ;) :D Just kidding!

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have USAA-best price/coverage. Be sure to read the fine print on Grundy and determine if it would work for how you wish to drive--they had to many rules to work for me.

USAA even said they would cover any damage at a 'driving' school (Viper days :D )

Bill

OP
OP
T

terribleted13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wildbill,USAA is based for military personel and dependents,
Thanks but won't work for me.kevin k and Tim 02,Hagerty wants me to own the car for a year previous to them insuring the car.Any other ideas.bhchase can you expand on Grundys restrictions.I had to do something to get license plates,so reluctantly went with progressive.
Thanks for the info/help.

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found in Kansas that State Farm's Viper Premiums are about the same as Hagerty's but they do not have a true valued form policy. Like most regular auto insurers they have a stated amount policy which will pay the actual value of the vehicle at the time of loss up to the stated amount. Many owners will get an appraisel to substantiate the value and update it every few years.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would check directly with Grundy and find out what the restrictions are. The benefit I suppose of Grundy is that they are insuring a "dollar" amount and not specifically the car.

I've thought about trying them but they are not much less expensive than what I already have through Liberty Mutual.

I suppose I'll check into Hagerty since so many posts here seem to favor them.

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Point King RT10, Who will Insure you car if you modify it? I will be going for a Heffner S/C upgrade and will need to ensure that a policy does not exclude this provision. :confused:

Bandit400