Insurance madness

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have insurance through Eugene Scott Alternate Insurance who hooked me up with Grundy. He has several other insurers too and he is a car guy. He has a toll free number: 1-800-770-6202

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have confirmation now that I can make a claim against my policy. I explicity had asked my agent about covering the accident under my policy since I had higher limits and she said I could not do that. Oh yes I can, and have now done so. The next hurdle is going to be the pay off value since the car is totalled.

If you don't carry collision coverage you will be at the mercy of whoever hits you. Please note that all of this is about property damage. Personal injury is different.

I'm really wishing I had gone with a "Stated Value" policy where your premiums are based on a predetermined value. That is the only way you can get a new car if your is totalled. I don't know how expensive this is yet, though.

I have a "Stated Value" policy with Allstate and to do that I had to get an official Auto Appraisle done on the Viper with modifications etc. My premium is based on a 70K car and my monthly premium only raised about $23.00 a month. I have read enough scary stories about insurance underpaying for high end cars that I wanted to CYA. I hope it goes well and you are able to recover the worth of the car.

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I have full coverage. I was just pointing out what would happen if someone did not

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a "Stated Value" policy with Allstate and to do that I had to get an official Auto Appraisle done on the Viper with modifications etc. My premium is based on a 70K car and my monthly premium only raised about $23.00 a month. I have read enough scary stories about insurance underpaying for high end cars that I wanted to CYA. I hope it goes well and you are able to recover the worth of the car.

That is EXACTLY what I want.. I want to appraise my car for $70-$75k...

I'll have to call them..

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I MISSED THAT ! Are you saying that you DONT have collision coverage on your Viper ?

If you search this site, you will find a bunchload of suggestions to 'call JonB' for insurance-valuation help.

I've never read anything about your insurance-valuation help, but I might have to call you before I call my insurance to find out more about this and what I can have done for a higher appraisal.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a policy with Grundy through my agent for an agreed amount of $65K this is around the amount I have invested in my GTS and all I was looking for is insurance on my investment.

Patrick.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a policy with Grundy through my agent for an agreed amount of $65K this is around the amount I have invested in my GTS and all I was looking for is insurance on my investment.

Patrick.

Thank you for the info, I will have to give them a call as well :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21