Intake question....

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I have ordered the Mopar Race Exhaust, and Computer Controller, and wanted to ask; Are the stock intake and filters going to be sufficent, or should I go with the K&N intake and filters? Or just filters only?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Buy the K&N system. There are some good threads in the archives. Adding 15 rwhp and tq for $300 is a very good deal.

OP
OP
N

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was did a search for K&N, but not sure if it went into the archives. I'll check again.

I was thinking about the cam too. I will check pricing on it.

Thanks for your responses.

Dave

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave It's my opinion that if your going to all the trouble of a cam swap, the Mopar cam is a bit mild. Most will go a bit more aggresive in that area. If the car came with the Mopar performance cam, most of us may leave it at that, but would not choose it when swapping. I have an email that was sent to me by one of the engineers at DC, of the cam specs on this cam, and after showing it to several people they agreed that it was not much difference from the stock cam. There are many good cams on the market, that will maintain streatability to anyones likeing, yet make a great difference in performance.

Lets hear it from you guys out there on this important post.

I will find those specs for you if you like.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ship is totally correct, I would never buy the Mopar cam as it is very close to stock spec. Just look at the Hp - Torque numbers of the SRT-10 verses the coupe.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you find info and stats on the Mopar computer controller? How much
does it add? When I go to Mopar's website all I find is car covers.

Herc :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewViperz