Interesting ACR

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this picture on Flea-Bay of a 2010 ACR, and the odd thing is that as far as I can tell (according to chart in VCA magazine) they didn't make any '10 ACR's in solid silver metallic
and definitely not with a single drivers stripe. It's new and at a dealer. Could the dealer have converted a coupe? And why would they?

You must be registered for see images attach

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing that somewhere else also. I am sure it is a production car. maybe they just missed it in the mag.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, the chart must be wrong. This ACR is at Max Motors and they sell vipers, maybe they were able to order exclusive cars like Tomball, Woodhouse, etc.? They don't show the window sticker but they do show all the order codes

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing that somewhere else also. I am sure it is a production car. maybe they just missed it in the mag.

Agreed. I doubt a dealer would be spending the $$ to convert a normal coupe into an ACR. Front splitter alone is almost $20G I think.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bright metallic silver is a really nice color, that's a sharp car.
So much for the "official" production chart info. :rolleyes:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Tomball had several like this one in white with a red stripe.

First bright silver I've seen.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the car Austin used to make photoshops of a silver Viper with different color stripes. I settled on GTS Blue. The red looks ok, but had they done it in GTS Blue it would have looked better IMO. There is a thread back somewhere around Feb or March I suppose where he took this car and put about 7 different colors on it.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calls into question the accuracy of the production charts published, since this car is not listed.
I'm sure there are others.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calls into question the accuracy of the production charts published, since this car is not listed.
I'm sure there are others.

There are indeed. As mentioned in an earlier thread that also caught this particular car. Chart was published as given to us by Dodge. We caught a couple of these errors and kicked it back to them but could not hold the presses. There is still one that has not been mentioned that no one has caught, there was a whole thread abut it too when it arrived at the dealer.
Interestingly all the errors appear to be in the special editions and all are ACR's except the special convertibles mentioned.
Anyone find the spectacular one still missing?

Earlier thread.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...0-Production-chart?highlight=color+chart+2010

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent some time looking for pics of cars at the plant for those maybe missing from the chart, look whose car I found waiting to ship?
Well, one chance in 5 anyway. All 5 or them were in the room that day.

CAAP80210b1.jpg

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool!
Wish there were more pics of that room that day a lot of neat cars in there.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Spent some time looking for pics of cars at the plant for those maybe missing from the chart, look whose car I found waiting to ship?
Well, one chance in 5 anyway. All 5 or them were in the room that day.

CAAP80210b1.jpg

Wing is not painted on that car...so it can't have been ViperJons:)

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wing is not painted on that car...so it can't have been ViperJons:)

That saga has not ended yet.
I have the correct unpainted CF wing on my car, but the painted wing returned to Tomball has been lost/stolen by UPS.
It left the UPS store here in my town, got to the local UPS sorting facility about 10 miles away and was never seen again.
Tracking showed it was scanned in there and then "lost".

Trace has turned up nothing, Tomball paid for shipping of new wing to me and pickup of return so hopefully it was heavily insured.
I paid fifty bucks to have the UPS store package it up correctly for shipment and it was promptly lost or stolen.

It will turn up on Ebay sooner or later, or the back of some ricer.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spent some time around that silver car at Max Motors and it is very striking love the combo can't believe it hasn't sold yet.

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[Q
UOTE=goldcup;2993556]I have spent some time around that silver car at Max Motors and it is very striking love the combo can't believe it hasn't sold yet.[/QUOTE]

^^^ Can you tell me the approx MSRP of that car? It is not mentioned on e-Bay. Tks, B

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That saga has not ended yet.
I have the correct unpainted CF wing on my car, but the painted wing returned to Tomball has been lost/stolen by UPS.
It left the UPS store here in my town, got to the local UPS sorting facility about 10 miles away and was never seen again.
Tracking showed it was scanned in there and then "lost".

Trace has turned up nothing, Tomball paid for shipping of new wing to me and pickup of return so hopefully it was heavily insured.
I paid fifty bucks to have the UPS store package it up correctly for shipment and it was promptly lost or stolen.

It will turn up on Ebay sooner or later, or the back of some ricer.

:omg: :omg:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen with a large FMIC several years back. Was scanned at one location and ended up missing for 3-4 days. It was headed from TX straight north pretty much. Showed up out of the blue a few days later out in CA before making its way back to me.

Weird deal all around, hope it shows up!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Q
UOTE=goldcup;2993556]I have spent some time around that silver car at Max Motors and it is very striking love the combo can't believe it hasn't sold yet.

^^^ Can you tell me the approx MSRP of that car? It is not mentioned on e-Bay. Tks, B[/QUOTE]

I would guess 110K.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still say that is a great looking car, somebody should grab that one up.
You KNOW they want to move it.
We all know the Gen 4's are going to be the most valuable down the road....:smirk:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see how that Viper red stripe would look on my car.
I love red.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang