interesting look.................................

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another car with black rims. Some will like it, some won't. I had a BMW M6 with Black rims and received a lot of negative comments (one was from the wife). Never again. Personally, I don't like the black rims and think this car would look better with chrome rims but that is JMHO.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can pull off black rims on a really dark or really light car. On red, it just looks dirty. Also, with the crosshair grill knocked out and the license plate installed, it looks like a baby with one tooth growing out. :p

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Also, with the crosshair grill knocked out and the license plate installed, it looks like a baby with one tooth growing out >>

i didnt even notice that - good eye Warfang.

black rims do take some getting used to, and you are right gerald, some like it and some dont.

i personally dont like black either - mine are actually a dark charcoal metallic - very nice looking in person.

i didnt want the "bling" of chrome, and just got tired of the original silver that i also see everyday on every minivan, saturn, honda, etc.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact the "cross hairs" have been taken out, don't know if that actually helps with airflow, but it does look meaner :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact the "cross hairs" have been taken out, don't know if that actually helps with airflow, but it does look meaner :2tu:

I don't mind the crosshairs out, but I would want a billet grill or a mesh pattern there to fill in the void... would look a bit like an Aston.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yuck. But if you want a car that's spent it's life at the car shows this would be a candidate. All that tasteless crap can be changed back original.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhhhh that is horrible. I know my stock yellow wheels get some negative comments, but atleast they dont look like that. The interior is too red, and why are the seats striped when the car isnt?? The missing crosshairs make the bumper look like part of a bodykit for an import (I guess it goes well w/the import bodykit looking hood) and that front mount tag is as ugly as the rest of the car.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Big but black wheels on a red Viper doesn't go very well together. Black wheels on a bumblebee Viper............now that is a different story!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
supercharged vipermad. you got one of the best looking modifided vipers. the wheels look really good.

Sorry Big but black wheels on a red Viper doesn't go very well together. Black wheels on a bumblebee Viper............now that is a different story!

what about on a black viper or a silver viper or graphite? those also look good with black rims

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone else notice that this 97 has no fog light covers on it?????? they could have been removed i guess, but i think the cutouts would still be visible in the photos. i have a 97 and think it would look like ass if i removed the covers. not saying the cars without them look bad. but they dont have slits cut into the facia if they weren't originally equipt so that is my reasoning. now maybe they arent visible because the car has a newer model year facia on it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte