Interesting ZR1 & ACR talk on corvetteforum

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post made me literally "lol".

laron said:
some people just arent getting it..A street legal ACR (not the ACR-x) is many seconds faster around any track than the ZR1..The ZR1 goes to the track and has it's hands full with the GTR's..
The ACR goes to the track and has it's hands full with breaking it's own records..
The ACR-x will likely run in the 6's at the ring. It is the holy grail of track cars under 200K

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so your laughing at me then. I am laron on the corvette forum. Yes I was once a cheese grading vette guy till I saw the light

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were a lot better than most forums when it comes to other cars. Most were very respectful of the Viper as a track car.

Bruce

Dr. Sandman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With equal drivers the ACR will eat the ZR1 for lunch on a road course.Period.What really ****** off the ZR1 boys is at the end of the day they have a car that costs over 100k and from ten feet away looks like all the other thousands of vettes on the road.Well, except for that cheesy little plexiglass window in the hood.:rolaugh:

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they have a car that costs over 100k and from ten feet away looks like all the other thousands of vettes on the road.

Yea, but they get to do the corvette wave to their buddies. That alone is work $100k. Also, they can sit back in their comfortable seats, slide the nanny controls on and be in total control.

Rev

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, but they get to do the corvette wave to their buddies. That alone is work $100k. Also, AFTER LEAVING THE TRACK they can sit back in their comfortable seats, slide the nanny controls on and BE SLOWER THAN A GTR.

Rev[/QUOT

Fixed it:drive:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I must admit I was impressed with the amount of respect they were giving
A Viper!! I've been a MOPAR guy my entire life and I usually have to defend my marquis from all the haters owning other brands. I know MOPARS are great, and just can't believe that everyone else can't see it too. Vipers are in my humble opinion, the pinnacle of MOPAR vehicles, a god of the street, and track. Just happy that the corvette guys were showing some respect and dare I say it veiled fear in some cases.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been a MOPAR guy my entire life and I usually have to defend my marquis from all the haters owning other brands. I know MOPARS are great, and just can't believe that everyone else can't see it too. Vipers are in my humble opinion, the pinnacle of MOPAR vehicles, a god of the street, and track. QUOTE]

Other than adding, "I blew up the rest and decided to run only the best" I like what you wrote.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you guys read the vette forums, maybe you know if the ZR1 got the newest style Viper transmission gears etc. to go with the Michellin PS2s? The new Shelby Mustangs still running the older style Viper transmissions or did they get a transmission upgrade as well?

Ted

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a MOPAR guy my entire life and I usually have to defend my marquis from all the haters owning other brands. I know MOPARS are great, and just can't believe that everyone else can't see it too.
Hey I love my Viper as much as the next guy, and I honestly have no use for Asian imports of any type, but I've seen and driven a few other Mopars - Some of them fall short.:dunno:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mr ZR1 has been spanked by an ACR at one of his "track sessions". I literally was laughing my butt off at him cause he was sooo adamint in proving why the ZR1 is a better machine. That guy is like old faithful one positive comment about an ACR and he back with a vengence:rolaugh::rolaugh:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know right..Tires this and that..How it comes from the factory is how it comes.

So what he is trying to say is that if we give the ZR1 the ACR's tires and then give the ZR1 the same wind tunnel desighned type front and rear down force wings and then make the zr1 suspension completely adjustable..Then the ZR1 might hang with the ACR???

Those items would take the 115K ZR1 up to being the 130K ZR1..

But it is what it is and that would be a totally differant car. The ZR1 carbon.....LOL

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys read the vette forums, maybe you know if the ZR1 got the newest style Viper transmission gears etc. to go with the Michellin PS2s? The new Shelby Mustangs still running the older style Viper transmissions or did they get a transmission upgrade as well?

Ted

the GT500 runs the new TR6060

I wander why the wiki page has an entry on the ratios for every car except for the Vette & Viper. Someone should add an entry for both the early and late Gen4's.
Tremec TR-6060 transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot us Viper owners have C6 ZR1s also.I have owned 3 Vipers and will always own one.But,drive one of those ZR1s and you will see why some Vipers owner buy ZR1s.They are just as fast as a Gen 4 Viper.

2008 Viper Coupe
2009 Corvette ZR1
2010 Ford Raptor 6.2

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot us Viper owners have C6 ZR1s also.I have owned 3 Vipers and will always own one.But,drive one of those ZR1s and you will see why some Vipers owner buy ZR1s.They are just as fast as a Gen 4 Viper.

2008 Viper Coupe
2009 Corvette ZR1
2010 Ford Raptor 6.2

Same here and I have had a ZR1 on the track a couple of days. Which one is the
better car? Depends on upon what you want? Want a super fast and smooth car, the ZR1 is the way to go. Want a car that is loud and also super fast but rough, then I would pick the ACR.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea last time I took my acr and zr1 to the track I thought they were about the same...

-

-

-

-

-

-..LOL..I dont have a acr or zr1...never would want a Zr1 but maybe an acr after I sell my viper/nsx...

Just 10 minutes ago me and my C6Z06 buddy were haveing a discussion over why we both hate GM...

-2005 the first the 400 HP C6 comes out.. (so people buy it for 55K)
-2006 the 505 HP Z06 comes out (so people buy it fo 80K)
-2008 the 436 HP C6 comes out...(Z06 performance with just bolt ons and a cam for 55K)
-Then 2009 the ZR1 comes out (so Z06 guys trade in their Z06's and buy it for 110k)
-Now the Z06 carbon is out with zr1 suspension and brakes and body pieces yet the still light weight of the Z06 and potent 427 ci NA engine (So Z06 and ZR1 guys trade in to get one...)

I mean really how can any vette ever be special..Your constantly getting one upped..

So my friend put headers and intake on his Z06 with a mild cam for 515 rwgp and threw on some carbon fiber rims and other carbon fiber trim and a ZR1 spoiler...He now has the "ZR6carbon"

The Viper one ups it self every once in a while...ere talking 4 or 5 or sometimes 8 years...Thats why every viper is so special

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea last time I took my acr and zr1 to the track I thought they were about the same...

-

-

-

-

-

-..LOL..I dont have a acr or zr1...never would want a Zr1 but maybe an acr after I sell my viper/nsx...

Just 10 minutes ago me and my C6Z06 buddy were haveing a discussion over why we both hate GM...

-2005 the first the 400 HP C6 comes out.. (so people buy it for 55K)
-2006 the 505 HP Z06 comes out (so people buy it fo 80K)
-2008 the 436 HP C6 comes out...(Z06 performance with just bolt ons and a cam for 55K)
-Then 2009 the ZR1 comes out (so Z06 guys trade in their Z06's and buy it for 110k)
-Now the Z06 carbon is out with zr1 suspension and brakes and body pieces yet the still light weight of the Z06 and potent 427 ci NA engine (So Z06 and ZR1 guys trade in to get one...)

I mean really how can any vette ever be special..Your constantly getting one upped..

So my friend put headers and intake on his Z06 with a mild cam for 515 rwgp and threw on some carbon fiber rims and other carbon fiber trim and a ZR1 spoiler...He now has the "ZR6carbon"

The Viper one ups it self every once in a while...ere talking 4 or 5 or sometimes 8 years...Thats why every viper is so special

So Z06 and ZR1 guys trade in to get one...)

I seriously doubt anyone has traded in a ZR1 for a wannabe.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive read much talk over it on the vette forum...educate me..
-does the carbon have the same brakes?
-does the carbon have the same suspension?
-does the carbon have the same body compnents?

I havent done a lot of studying on the carbon...But from my understanding it is a 90K lighter weight ZR1 with natuarly asperated power....

That seems more apealing to me and what the ZR1 should have been in the first place..

Not trying to ruffle feathers from a viper brother. Just trying to be educated

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just getting ready to drop my car off for a little work. I spoke to the guy about a month ago. He had a Venom red with white stripes Gen4 coupe and a C6 Z06. I called to let him know i was on my way and he just asked me if I know anyone who might be interested in buying the Viper because he just bought a new ZR1. I'll let you what he has to say about that later on today.

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, but they get to do the corvette wave to their buddies.
Rev

Lol, Vette owners wave to me all the time! I too was formerly a ZO6 owner. Great car for what it's worth, the Viper seems light years different though. I'm in love with my Viper, the ZO6 was great however it seemed like it was always missing something.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just getting ready to drop my car off for a little work. I spoke to the guy about a month ago. He had a Venom red with white stripes Gen4 coupe and a C6 Z06. I called to let him know i was on my way and he just asked me if I know anyone who might be interested in buying the Viper because he just bought a new ZR1. I'll let you what he has to say about that later on today.

So he traded in the ZO6 and he is selling the 08 Viper. It's a Vert and not a coupe like I thought originally. He wanted the ZR1 but couldn't swing keeping both. Says he loved the Viper but if I drove the ZR1 I wouldn't want to drive a Viper again. He just feels that the Viper doesn't handle well. He also mentioned that the ZR1 also throws a lot of heat like a Viper. He hadn't seen the Supercar battle and wasn't even aware of it. He seemed very surprised when I explained how each competition played out. The Viper seems mint with less than 3K miles and it's for sale at his lot and he put it up on Ebay.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with the huge tires the viper has that follow rutts to know end and the rough ride I could see how many people would think it dosent handle that good. Not knowing that on a track those characteristics will make for great lap times

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a ZO6 and it's missing nothing but tires and some good shocks.There are so few people that can actually drive these cars to the limit.Both the ZR1 ans ACR are fantastic track cars, but you wont see to many ZR1's at the track, im not saying no one tracks them but very few. Ive done a lot of track days and i see ZO6 and Vipers all day. I have not seen any ZR1's on the track yet. If i had to choose a track car it would definately be the ACR. Thats exactly what its meant to be.:)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know right..Tires this and that..How it comes from the factory is how it comes.

So what he is trying to say is that if we give the ZR1 the ACR's tires and then give the ZR1 the same wind tunnel desighned type front and rear down force wings and then make the zr1 suspension completely adjustable..Then the ZR1 might hang with the ACR???

Those items would take the 115K ZR1 up to being the 130K ZR1..

But it is what it is and that would be a totally differant car. The ZR1 carbon.....LOL

That's funny. You can't change the car; if you could how about adding a supercharger to the ACR like the ZR1 had to have to get close to the Viper. Then it would be no contest at all. :D

Why don't they just add a couple cylinders??? :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4