interior question

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interior of my 95 RT/10 is getting on in years, and I'm looking to convert it from the stock beige color to solid black. My exterior is black with chromed rims and chromed tips on the side exhaust... I think a matching interior (black with chromed accessories) would be pretty mean. Are the interior plastic parts something I can dye myself at home? I'll have the seats done somewhere by someone else, but if I could save some cash by dying the plastic parts myself I'd like to do that. If anyone knows how much of a process this is and can recommend a particular dye I'd appreciate it.

- Buzzzz

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plastic is uncoated so it can be dyed. i tried similar with a couple used dashboards until finally settling for carbon fiber coating by exotic wood dash. customer service with those guys ***** royally but their work is second to none. unfortunately as soon as i find someone esle who does the same work im leaving them cause of their poor customer service.

"vipermed" can offer some input on them as well.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could also clean and paint your interior plastic panels. Years ago, the sprays available never seemed to dry and remained tacky. SEM brand for example, maekes very good sprays for rigid plastics and vinyl. A good auto body supply shop should have it.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Any good auto paint store carries interior dye kits. I have done a few and the main thing is to get the parts as clean as possible. I use wax and grese remover first and then the cleaner that comes with the kit..

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You have a tan interior and looking to switch to black?

Just hold off for a few, I have a feeling somone will try to get up with you to do a complete interior swap to get the tan. If I were sure the parts were compatible I would.

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers yep- I think the black and chrome interior would look better. Plus tan is really tough to keep clean since it shows every spec of dirt.