Interior switch

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does interior from an 03 fit the Gen IV? See,s that it would but would like to know for sure before I do anything. Thanks

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goldcup, yes it does. A couple things to keep in mind; the 03 (GEN III) has the passenger airbag on-off key switch in the armrest, it won't work in the GEN IV with smart airbags, fit yes, functional no. The GEN IV seats have "smart" airbags with additional sensors in the lower front. On the drivers side you'll need to pull the sensor box off the GEN IV seat and put it on the GEN III, fairly easy. The passenger seat has a "ribbon" sensor. maybe if you swap the lower cusions it will work? I just kept my 08 seat and had red sticking and a red viper logo embroidered.

You maybe thinking about a mamba swap from the 03 to the GEN IV? that''s what I did on my 08. Mike

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike your psychic!! Im looking at a 08 ACR. Black with red driver stripe.Love the two tone interior and would like to switch over. Sounds like having stock seats done is the way to go.Figured the other parts would be to expensive from Dodge and if I could add earlier years I may ssemble everything quicker.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had a pretty good idea you weren't going to put a black 03 into a GEN IV.

I first did the swap and put a mamba in my 06 coupe, sold that viper then pulled it and put it in my 08. (Until the 08's came out i had the only red interior in a GEN IV coupe). I was in a rush to get the 06 sold and delivered, I looked at the seats, saw the sensors and just left them in the 06. Don't give up on the seats, it can be done, driver super easy, passenger a little more work. The red stiching and the red logo really pop when I got then done a few months ago. don't give up on the seats! If I can help in any way let me know.

Good luck with the new ACR, the interior will look great. In the fall I added a new steering wheel to my red silver striped. Stock wheel covered in alcantara. Mike

DSC003981.JPG

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That interior looks great! The red makes it pop! Would look great with the red drivers stripe. I think I'll get an estimate on the red stitching for the Gen IV seats before I get into the switch on the passenger seat, then try to pick up the rest of the parts.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a spare mamba drivers seat so that was easy. I had the passenger done. Pull the seat covers off, guy did the red stitching for $200. Lance, our new president has an industiral sewing machine and a ton of viper logo patterns Had the interior guy sell me a matching leather swatch and Lance did the Viper logo embroidery. then the guy restiched the panel back in. I'm sure he'd do the same for you, just buy him lunch in Huntington Beach.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good way to go about it. I will have to start collecting parts. Tracking those down will probably keep me busy enough!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant