iPod connection to stock RBQ radio

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I used the search and all I could find was the connection to the RB1.

Has anyone done the iPod adapter to the RBQ radio?

I tried mine but couldn't get it to work.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pm Final GTS I remember something he posted about the same situation with the ipod not working. It ended up being a wire was crisscossed in the harness somewhere to that effect.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres the problems:

Everything was hooked up

The mode switch did move into the AUX mode to recognize the iPod.
All that showed was AM FM CD. No AUX for the iPod
The iPod did read Dodge on the screen.

The RBQ worked perfect with everything plugged in but no iPod

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful. I had the Ipod installed per the instructions on my 06 and it reaked havoc on my Guages. Soething about signal interferreance caused by the ipod adapter. I dont think the Ipod adapter will work with an RBQ radio. :(

Flash

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful. I had the Ipod installed per the instructions on my 06 and it reaked havoc on my Guages. Soething about signal interferreance caused by the ipod adapter. I dont think the Ipod adapter will work with an RBQ radio. :(

Flash

your probably right

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have a 99 RT/10 with the stock stero. All I did was bought a Ipod cigarette adapter that allows you to play your ipod through a radio station. It works great with out the hassel of having to mess around with the stero unit. I think it was $50 from Amazon.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have a 99 RT/10 with the stock stero. All I did was bought a Ipod cigarette adapter that allows you to play your ipod through a radio station. It works great with out the hassel of having to mess around with the stero unit. I think it was $50 from Amazon.

I'm doing the same with my 05

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one of these over the air transmitters for the IPOD. This particular one is called the iTrip. The sound quality is about a 6 out of 10.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try updating your ipod with the latest software. While i do have the RB1 i remember the instructions for the stock stereo so it should work.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try updating your ipod with the latest software. While i do have the RB1 i remember the instructions for the stock stereo so it should work.
I had just updated the iPod a couple of days before.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update;

Okay it is plug and play. You just don't have to plug everything back in to play.

Two wire bundles come off the wire harness, a 22 point and a 10 point connector, and plug into the radio.

The iPod adapter has the iPod cable and a 12 point connector end and a 10 point end. Plug the cable and the 12 point into the adapter.

The only things that plug back into the radio are the 22 point connector from the wire harness and the 10 point from the iPod adapter.

It plays.

Then the 10 point that come off thw wire harness gets tucked away and not used.

Just to Type A not to have everything plugged in the first time.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that. I thought it was strange not to plug in both also.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it does. Love it. Do yourself a favor sometime in the future, get the RB1. You can find some decent deals on ebay as I got my for $680. Well worth it. I thought it sounded better also.

And if you havent done so already, get yourself a pair of aftermarket door speakers - Polks. A world of difference also.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will look at the RB1.

And Thanks for all your help, and for the door advice I will look at some Polks.

Do you remember what size the door speaker is?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 1/2. Do a quick search in this forum for the word "polk" and you will find a ton of information. One thread was labeled "$100/1hr/must do" something like that. It has pictures of the install and reviews.

OP
OP
G

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 1/2. Do a quick search in this forum for the word "polk" and you will find a ton of information. One thread was labeled "$100/1hr/must do" something like that. It has pictures of the install and reviews.

:headbang: :2tu:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update;

Okay it is plug and play. You just don't have to plug everything back in to play.

Two wire bundles come off the wire harness, a 22 point and a 10 point connector, and plug into the radio.

The iPod adapter has the iPod cable and a 12 point connector end and a 10 point end. Plug the cable and the 12 point into the adapter.

The only things that plug back into the radio are the 22 point connector from the wire harness and the 10 point from the iPod adapter.

It plays.

Then the 10 point that come off thw wire harness gets tucked away and not used.

Just to Type A not to have everything plugged in the first time.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hooked up the IPod for the RBQ... Had everything hooked up, and I was in my garage scratching my head, as to why it wasnt working..

At one point, it DID work on and off, with everything hooked up. But gauges were going crazy, and the display said SIRUIS, not IPOd.. Once you selected "mode" again and turned off the IPOd. You had to recycle the igniton key, to get the Ipod to play again..

Unplugged the 10pin, from the IPod box as you describe, and it works like a charm.. What would I do without this forum..

thanks again..

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have sirus hooked up also?

No.... unless the car came with it??

Where do you guys have the ipod adapter mounted?? I guess the glove box is my only choice? That thing is pretty big... Any other options?

I thought I had it nicely tucked up in the glove box opening, but the glove box door, wont clear it.. And the cord is not long enough to reach the footwell area.