Is anyone else in love with...

germ79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS's that are blue with white stripes? I have been looking and researching trying to figure out what would be good for me. I ALWAYS keep coming back to the 96-97 blue/white GTS!

Of course, it seems to be one of the more expensive of the Vipers! I wouldn't mind a convertible, but just love the look of the GTS.

Did any of you with a GTS regret not going the open-air route? Is it still wonderfully relaxing and satisfying to drive a GTS with the windows down?

Thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Jeremy

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
b/w was the only other color combo i was ever interested in. I love it. id never trade my GTS for an R/T but thats just me.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No B/W is beautiful...just like a red Gen 1...it is what Viper is all about and what we all fell in love with. The other colors are nice, but my dream garage would have these two in the first 2 bays!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pay up for the right color combo.. It will pay you back, when you decide to sell... Solid colors are tough to sell.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS's that are blue with white stripes? I have been looking and researching trying to figure out what would be good for me. I ALWAYS keep coming back to the 96-97 blue/white GTS!

Of course, it seems to be one of the more expensive of the Vipers! I wouldn't mind a convertible, but just love the look of the GTS.

Did any of you with a GTS regret not going the open-air route? Is it still wonderfully relaxing and satisfying to drive a GTS with the windows down?

Thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Jeremy

I have a 96 B/W GTS and a 94 Red RT/10. Best of both worlds. They each have something the other does not. The Mercedes SL's 2003 and up are the closest you can come to having the best of both top-up and top-down worlds.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my 02 Red and white GTS FE but still prefer to drive my 94Red RT/10. you need both but its a hard to choose. The Blue and white is beautiful but so is the Yellow and black . I think the Yellow and black stands out the most though.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you know what I like. Even in the Winter I have my windows down. I don't think the verts have the sexyness of the coupes, but that's my $ .02. My DD is a convertable Miata and the top is rarely up.

Saw a red generation I on I5 here in Oregon last weekend coming the other way and it caught my eye when it was still a long ways away. It had a hard top on it and damn it looked good cruising soen the highway.

OH and BTW......what about those Oregon State Beavers???????

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is a ball park price to add a set of stripes to a gen 1 or gen 2 viper. something **** about the stripes IMHO.

are most stripes painted on or are they a stripe kit?

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also are there any taboo's about adding stripes to any of the model vipers? I know it would be my car, just trying to learn.

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too am in love w/96-97 blue whites...I had a '97, sold it, regretted it, then bought a mint '96. You can't go wrong with either one, although I do prefer the '96!:drive:

DSC05427.JPG

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS coupe has windows?????
Would never replace my coupe with a RT or convertible.That being said wouldn't mind having one of both:2tu::2tu:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not the best of both worlds? Don't forget the rare '97 B/W RT/10!
You must be registered for see images

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy,
When I started looking for my first Viper, I had my eyes set on a B/W GTS. It was the Viper I fell in love with years ago. Then I came across the Bumblebee ACR and knew that's what I had to have.

At 6'4" I can't fit in a vert well, but no matter, I've always been a coupe lover.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my 96 blue/white stripes GTS for sale. very low one owner miles 2,828-------check the classifieds.

eagles

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my 96 blue/white stripes GTS for sale. very low one owner miles 2,828-------check the classifieds.

eagles

Your ad would look a whole lot better with some pictures of your car. If you have any, I can put them in your ad for you, just let me know. Most people skip right over ads without pictures.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both, but my preference is for the RT (I know I'm in the minority). Such a great drive on a beautiful summer day, top off, something you can't do with a GTS. Also, personal preference, I happen to like the very low look of the RT from the back...very wide and very low.

B&W was my second choice, but red is my #1 color.

Good luck in your decision.

Peter

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I got my 2000GTS, I had both a '96 GTS and '94 RT....when I decided to have just one...a GTS was the obvious winner for me.

That said...of all the cars I have owned, I miss that '94 and have vowed to one day get another...but the GTS has to stay as well.

Of course, I prefer a sidepipe RT...but hmm...that b&w RT would possible tip me to going that route should all the stars line up....

97 gts vettslayr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I obviously like the gts better. I love the way the roof line flows and the side profile. But we gts lovers shouldn't forget, there wouldn't be a gts if it weren't for the rt/10! So I gotta say thank you rt/10!:clap2:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is a ball park price to add a set of stripes to a gen 1 or gen 2 viper. something **** about the stripes IMHO.

are most stripes painted on or are they a stripe kit?

Factory stripes are painted on. Option price is around $3000 for dual stripes, $1600 for single driver stripe on ACR. I would imagine a dealer like Woodhouse who is known for nice work in this area could come close, probably slightly more as there is more work involved. I have heard other price ranges of 6K and up from from custom shops, it varies if you want them cleared or not also. For a Gen 1/2 I would use tape stripes, pretty cheap and look pretty close to paint, some are so good you can't tell at all. Completely reversible with no damage if you take therm off and you can go with whatever your heart personally desires. If I was painting I would stay pretty close to what the factory offered for resale puposes as most buyers have a color in mind they have fallen in love with after seeing it a few times.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The debate rages on. That is why my daily driver is a 911 Targa. Still retains the lines of the coupe with a push of a button its open air at any speed. Fun car. No Viper but fun all the same.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make mine hard tops.
I will NEVER sell my B/W, but if I had my wish I would match it with
a '06 B/W SRT Coupe. I think Viper Blue is the nicest blue ever put on a car.
Now that would make some nice bookends.

You must be registered for see images attach

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but Sapphire/Silver and Graphite/Silver are the two nicest color combo's the Viper ever came it. :cool:

That said the Blue/White, Black/Silver and Steel Gray/Silver are all close seconds. I never really liked Red but for some odd reason I seem to like the Red/White FE cars. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang