Is anyone running the ACR oil filter adapter on a Gen 2.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, there is something I just don't get - If I am right in my flow path assumptions (and I might not be), how does the valve in the non-ACR adapter work? If the from the allen cap, the plunger goes first in then the spring, it would be excess pressure that bypasses the cooler, not low pressure. Since that isn't the case, I can't visualize how the spring plunger mechanism works. Does it positively shut off the cooler at low pressure or just open a bypass? Anyone know? Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we had 4-5 people email about these based of this thread, to make sure the OP gets one, could you please PM real names? we have 3 instock...............

2 people pm'd me, 1 sent me a mesg on ebay, 1 to my email, and 1 to paul's email that he forwarded to me. making this real confusing

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
by dates on P'ms and emails here is the order so far:

TroubleMaker
Ron
MadMax
ViperTony

Im going to go dig through the bin of timing covers and try to find some more of these.

OP
OP
T

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased one this morning, it looks like Ron is up. If nobody wants it Ryan, I will take it as a back up, but I am not going to hoard them. I am surprised in the interest in them, it seemed like a long lost, dead issue.

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TroubleMaker ordered from VCA/VPA
RonPaid
MadMaxPaid
ViperTony

oh what are you looking for, i dont check the bins often in winter, they are in a warehouse that is like walking around in a deep freezer from nov-april

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TroubleMaker ordered from VCA/VPA
RonPaid
MadMaxPaid
ViperTony

oh what are you looking for, i dont check the bins often in winter, they are in a warehouse that is like walking around in a deep freezer from nov-april

So does this mean the 3rd adapter is available to me?

OP
OP
T

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can wait until April. I just figured if you had parts that are considered unobtanium just sitting in some bins, the possibility of other hard to find parts might be hiding in there.

Thanks a lot for helping us out.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a missed the boat. Ryan, sent you a PM in case you have any left that could be thrown in with my current order through Paul.

Reaction score
Here is how they look as new, but check with Ryan first and we will be standing by...

acroiladapter2.jpg

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the picture of the ACR unit or the non-ACR one? Looks like the non-ACR version to me.

Reaction score

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures above and the one shown in the Cone guide are not the ACR adapter. I just checked my stock 1996 GTS and unless I got a special pre-production ACR adapter (not likely), 04763735C is stock pressure valved oil filter adapter as verified by the part number. The image without the valve body / allen cap must be the ACR adapter.

Still looking for someone that knows how the stock filter adapter valve functions. Not at what pressure, but in what mechanical way.

Thanks

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The parts listing for 1999, 2000 shows two part numbers for the oil filter adapter:

04886503AC 1 EWB
04886503AD 1 EWB [ARC]

Let's assume ARC is spelled incorrectly and really should read ACR then it would appear 04886503AD is the correct ACR Oil Filter adapater. This is confusing.

Reaction score
We believe that the Illustrated Upgrade shows the wrong part and part number. Any that we sold will get the correct part, of course! :D

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are out right now, i will be headed out to the ware house to try and dig out a couple more..........

OP
OP
T

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not good, but I guess I leanrned something form this thread and hopefully this will at least add some good searchable material for the next people that look for the information. A lot of confusion has come from the lack of material and the lack of correct material on the subject. It figures my first real modification to the car would go South, at least I got that out of the way.

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a cylinder with holes in the sides, at some point the sleeve slides over and closes/opens 2 set of holes in the housing, im not sure if its a pressure thing, or if at a certain temperature the spring collapses

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Ryan. Looks like the ACR unit ends in 36AD if I'm seeing that correctly.

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are 3-4 different part numbers for these

this one the with thermostat has :04763735C, which dosnt work on the dodge site, i tried to change it to : 4763735AC and nothing works

the suspected "ACR" style one is :04763736AD : 4763736AD or 4753736AD and neither work

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found one more, Viper Tony you are up.

next is:WDW MKR, who mesged and called in.

I cant get at most of the bins because they are stacked, so when ever a fork lift gets back there i will check for more

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21