Is dealer hosing me??

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the same oil leak on my oil pan for the last 3 years with no luck on fixing it. I tried a few dealers and now it is at Grapevine dodge of Dallas since added care plus warranty runs out this month. My question is they are saying oil gasket is not covered, which it is, says right on the website. So now they will look into it??. They are also fixing the a/c compressor because it keeps leaking also. But they want to charge me to recharge the a/c??? and they want to charge for oil change since they have to drop the oil pan?? Any help it how to take care of this??? The other dealers never charged for oil or to recharge the a/c.....is either the oil change and/or ac recharge covered under warranty
Thanks
Jeremy

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the same oil leak on my oil pan for the last 3 years with no luck on fixing it. I tried a few dealers and now it is at Grapevine dodge of Dallas since added care plus warranty runs out this month. My question is they are saying oil gasket is not covered, which it is, says right on the website. So now they will look into it??. They are also fixing the a/c compressor because it keeps leaking also. But they want to charge me to recharge the a/c??? and they want to charge for oil change since they have to drop the oil pan?? Any help it how to take care of this??? The other dealers never charged for oil or to recharge the a/c.....is either the oil change and/or ac recharge covered under warranty
Thanks
Jeremy

Aggrevates the hell outta me how these DEALERS can charge so much for ANYTHING and get by with it! Now how can you replace the oil pan gasket and not be covered for the oil change? And recharging the A/C compressor should certainly be covered with fixing it. It's a shame that the DEALERS can't figure out whats covered and whats not UNTIL "YOU" have to find it!! I'd write Dodge or call them ....better yet get one of the (Dodge People with clout on the Viper WebSite to help)The DEALER is the LAST place I will take my car UNLESS it's covered by factory warranty !! :nono: :nono:

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks
Jeremy

Curious... what other dealers did you use? Were they all located in the DFW area?

OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other dealers I have used are Bankston Dodge in Iriving, now closed...Manuel Dodge, in Arlington, which they cracked my hood when they didn't close it when they lifted on the lift??? but I got a new hood out of it. And finally, I used Allen Samuels Dodge in Ft.Worth.
I talked to the service manager today and he said he will look into it?? I told them to just fix everything and I will deal with it when I pick it up. How the hell does the service manager, mechanic, and on top of that a Viper tech, not know if the gasket it coverd?? It says right on the warranty website, "all seals and gaskets are covered on car". The best thing today was that they called me and told me that my passenger door is a little hard to close so they suggested to put on new hinges, hardware, and weatherstripping and the hard to beat price of $1,710.00..........I told them we mine as well do both doors if thats all its gonna be......yeah right!!! Do dealers see these cars and just figure most people will just pay whatever??

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do dealers see these cars and just figure most people will just pay whatever??

uh, YEAH. :dunno: (NOT ALL)

:D

i think alot of people think just because we drive vipers that we are all filthy rich with huge limitless budgets and we are willing to pay whatever, whenever.

Last edited:
OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up the Viper today...........took it back 5 minutes later......no a/c, hotter than hell here in dallas, texas...gave me a rent a car, said it would be ready tommorow??? How the hell can a 5 star dealership with Viper techs not no what the hell is going on??? It just ****** me off so much. CAr has been in for now three weeks if it is ready tomorow!!! Also, car looks like it has been in a dust storm, looks like carp!!! oh well, we will see tommorow!!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of this is one of the reasons I was actually quite happy when my warranty ran out. Sure, the warranty is great if the dealer knows what he's doing, but if you get your car back with a bunch of big rookie mistakes all over it, just think about what might have gotten screwed up that you won't see until much later - when you have a big failure and the car is out of warranty. I'll do all my own work, thank you very much.

Here's a classic one - right before my warranty ran out I brought the car in because the fan was making strange noises. I figured, what the heck, swapping out the fan for one of the new improved versions can't be that hard, and I wasn't in the mood to do it myself. What do they do? Replace the thermostat, fail to fill up the cooling system properly, and lose a couple of bolts while they're at it. And didn't bother to replace the fan.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up the Viper today...........took it back 5 minutes later......no a/c, hotter than hell here in dallas, texas...gave me a rent a car, said it would be ready tommorow??? How the hell can a 5 star dealership with Viper techs not no what the hell is going on??? It just ****** me off so much. CAr has been in for now three weeks if it is ready tomorow!!! Also, car looks like it has been in a dust storm, looks like carp!!! oh well, we will see tommorow!!

.......and we wonder why American auto manufacturers are losing out! Time to clean house, top to bottom.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of this is one of the reasons I was actually quite happy when my warranty ran out. Sure, the warranty is great if the dealer knows what he's doing, but if you get your car back with a bunch of big rookie mistakes all over it, just think about what might have gotten screwed up that you won't see until much later - when you have a big failure and the car is out of warranty. I'll do all my own work, thank you very much.

Here's a classic one - right before my warranty ran out I brought the car in because the fan was making strange noises. I figured, what the heck, swapping out the fan for one of the new improved versions can't be that hard, and I wasn't in the mood to do it myself. What do they do? Replace the thermostat, fail to fill up the cooling system properly, and lose a couple of bolts while they're at it. And didn't bother to replace the fan.

MARTIN, YOU ARE A SMART MAN!:2tu:
I AGREE ABOUT IT BEING A GOOD THING
WHEN THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT AND
YOU MAINTANE THE CAR YOURSELF.
NO ONE WILL TREAT YOUR CAR THE
WAY YOU WILL AND ITS REALLY NOT
THAT HARD WORKING ON THE VIPER.

BUY TOOLS AND DO IT YOURSELF.:headbang:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so you had work done on your viper, and you werent satisfied huh?

well, i think you are being unreasonable for not being 100% satisfied. how dare you complain! you should be HAPPY that they worked on your car at all. no matter what happened - it is all YOUR FAULT. you are in the WRONG for being negative and expressing it here.

(sarcasm)

:rolaugh:

like wanted said - DO IT YOURSELF. it is easier than you think. these cars arent space shuttles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang