Is it my tires?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I know the answer but just in case I'll ask anyway. When I am driving my car and I hit second pretty hard and the back end gets loose and starts to fish tail and the tires break loose I always get quite a bit of wheel hop. It happens every time no matter what the temp., the conditions, or type of road. I have the stock Pilots on my 97 and I am thinking that is the cause....they are old and hard (like me) ha ha. But on the other hand I am thinking there could be an issue with the rear suspension. What should I look for under the car if that is the case? Thanks for your responses. :confused:

OP
OP
M

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting some new 18" tires and wheels from PartsRack this Spring now without a doubt....that wheel hop is annoying. Thanks for the input. :2tu:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And, if it does it with new tires, the next thing to check is the shocks. But, agreed, with tires that old, its likely the tires. You need to get rid of those tires ASAP - 9 year old Pilot Sports should be replaced immediately.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is right on the money here. Old tires get very hard when thjey sit around for years. When racing we used to keep hard tires around and use them on very rough tracks that were made of cement as they would last longer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang