Is it really that rare compared to the rest? VOI 10?

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some of you know I am a specialty car dealer here in Melbourne FL. I buy and sell several different late model sports cars and sedans but vipers are my passion. I seek out the cleanest non wrecked non tracked examples that I can find.

I recently had an opportunity to purchase a 1 owner VOI 10 coupe with 500 miles on it. The car was like new and was titled back in march of this year. When trying to value the car I was not able to find 09 production numbers. They built 100 of these limited edition cars, but how many coupes in black or viper blue or purple were built? I am also aware that they are numbered they did cost more and have a following and a history with the viper communtity. I am just looking for some feed back because I missed out on the car. What is it WORTH?? how much more is a VOI worth than another 09 coupe with similar equipment and miles?

Thanks for the opinions

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the VOIX cars only came in silver? Also, I believe they didn't sell too well, so they only ended up building 77 of them. I've seen them selling for the mid 80's to low 90's brand new - during the dealership closures when I think a bunch of them got unloaded. There's a brand new one on Ebay right now for $88k.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI X cars only came in Bright Silver with The Black "Fang" stripes. They had all black interiors and came with navigation. Some of them had the graphite instrument bezel. They were equipped with the ACR rims and rotors as well. VOI cars my bring a higher price because they are VOI cars but people will not usually pay that price. There were suppose to be 100 of these cars built.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herb H confirmed that only 77 of these were build; full allocation number of 100 was never realized. Number 77 is at a dealer in Sarasota,FL and has been on ebay. These cars were never advertised well outside of VCA....many potential buyers do not realize that they come equiped with stoptechs,sidewinders, and bright silver offered only on these cars.....mine, the raffle car, was the only ACR (001) built out of the 77. MSRP for the conventional car was listed at 100 thousnd plus.... I believe if they do not build more VOI cars in the future(VO11??),the ones around will be desireable and should sell.....after all it would not take much to bring these up to ACR level....

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send a PM to mike & julie as they have one and Juli will be happy to supply info.

Ted

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw one for sale at our local Dodge dealer last week. I just stopped by to get oil filters and was surprised to see it. I think it was #36. Or 39. Or 30 something.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may be a lot of them but they do have striping that no other car has and the rims and brakes from an ACR. It does have unique qualities that no other Viper has.

Bruce

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may be a lot of them but they do have striping that no other car has and the rims and brakes from an ACR. It does have unique qualities that no other Viper has.

Bruce

I think as inventory thins out on the 09s,...the stoptechs and sidewinders will give them the edge over a conventional 09 Viper....prices are still above the others at dealers and this is a disadvantage....

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My memory is probably off so you guys can correct me. But I don't think Dodge offered silver in 09 other than on this car? The last silver Viper I can remember was in 99? But that can't be right???

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
04's had Silver I think. Or maybe it was 05's. Shandon has one but I'm not sure what year it is.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My memory is probably off so you guys can correct me. But I don't think Dodge offered silver in 09 other than on this car? The last silver Viper I can remember was in 99? But that can't be right???

Red, Black and Silver were the only colors for the 03's. Can't remember if it was available in 04....and you're right about the 09, Les.

Bill

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
silver was available 03-05. I really like the voiX cars, i think i might like it more if it had the full stripes tho

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not believe there were any bright silver (Gen 3/4) coupes until the VOIX cars....

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herb H confirmed that only 77 of these were build; full allocation number of 100 was never realized. Number 77 is at a dealer in Sarasota,FL and has been on ebay. These cars were never advertised well outside of VCA....many potential buyers do not realize that they come equiped with stoptechs,sidewinders, and bright silver offered only on these cars.....mine, the raffle car, was the only ACR (001) built out of the 77. MSRP for the conventional car was listed at 100 thousnd plus.... I believe if they do not build more VOI cars in the future(VO11??),the ones around will be desireable and should sell.....after all it would not take much to bring these up to ACR level....

I saw this #77 car at the Jaguar dealership in Sarasota over the summer. The salesman told me "This was the last VOIX car made". Well it sounded like a bul*sh#t, dealer story because I knew that 100 were supposed to be made so I wasn't impressed. Looks like I may have come across the only car dealer who is capable of telling the truth (besides me, of course).
I want to say that the price quoted to me was 100k give or take. Nice car, but worth that much? Uh, not to me.

Ron

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Short term, other than being more expensive MSRP Viper (and unique in "packaging"), there doesn't seem to be a "premium" being demanded for this version... BUT, keep in mind that the "final edition" red/whites were very plentiful back in 2002.... and now, from what I understand, they do maintain a premium value versus a standard 2002.

There are some VERY rare color combos that surely were produced in MUCH less volume than the VOI edition, but color combos, in most cases, seem not to have as strong a differential value as say, a 98 GT2, a gen2 ACR or ?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short term, other than being more expensive MSRP Viper (and unique in "packaging"), there doesn't seem to be a "premium" being demanded for this version... BUT, keep in mind that the "final edition" red/whites were very plentiful back in 2002.... and now, from what I understand, they do maintain a premium value versus a standard 2002.

There are some VERY rare color combos that surely were produced in MUCH less volume than the VOI edition, but color combos, in most cases, seem not to have as strong a differential value as say, a 98 GT2, a gen2 ACR or ?

There is one at the Dodge Dealer near where I live which they are still asking around 91 thousand...several sales people have told me that potential buyers had issues with the spartan interior...that for a limited edition launch had it been presented with a dual combo interior or more spark they may have had a taker....I have to say that the Raffle car with the ACR aero/splitter enhancements is stunning......

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the STOCK crowd this car is equal or better than an ACR. No Sport cups, but ightweight brakes and lightweight wheels with various other "this collector model only" options, such as color and unique stripes make this a true COLLECTOR car and worth much more than a ordinary Viper.

Ted

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rare and desirable are two different things. A vehicle needs to be rare and highly desirable to hold value. I remember seeing these VOI cars sitting on lots, and being given away for $75K brand new at that Dallas area dealership. He probably sold 5 or 6 at that price.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rare and desirable are two different things. A vehicle needs to be rare and highly desirable to hold value. I remember seeing these VOI cars sitting on lots, and being given away for $75K brand new at that Dallas area dealership. He probably sold 5 or 6 at that price.

Yah, that was during the worst part of the recession. Saw an new09 Viper with full options for sale from North Vancouver Chrysler for sale at $72,000 Cdn. Or ... about $57Kus. I posted it on the forums. Someone got a deal.

Last spring I bought a Stealth TT and an enclosed 26' Car Trailer for half price! Good times for buyers, not for sellers. Bought the wife's 08 Ram 4x4 quad cab (MSRP of $44,000) for $29,000 new from Dodge.Now that same truck is worth the same or more than we paid for it.

I don't feel these vehicles were so cheap because they were "undesirable" - the economy was undesireable. Same with the VOI X Viper. Juli absolutely loves hers and that's quite a reference. :) :)

Ted

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is the only silver coupe since 1999?? I can't remember another silver coupe since then? What is a market correct price for a new one right now?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is the only silver coupe since 1999?? I can't remember another silver coupe since then? What is a market correct price for a new one right now?

The #77 VOIX car(last of the run) is on ebay for 88 thous....there is another one for the same price....the dealer near me is asking 91 thousand for one in the show room... so that appears the be the range at least for the asking price; I do not know what their bottom price would be for an offer....

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were these cars built in sequential order? Is # 77 the last one built or just tagged as #77?

Probably tagged....Venomiss posted these pics taken in Oct of this year on a different thread....notice the two VOIX cars in the background...good question why they are still sitting there....believe the last were manufactured in Dec/08...maybe Herb H. can answer that....
yellow2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala