Is SRT10 available for veiwing in the Midwest?

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. 140,000 spectators and 60 Viper club memebers had a great opportunity to see the new SRT-10 at the NASCAR race this past weekend in Joliet Illinois. Don't know if anything was shown on TV as the club and the DC rep were part of the pre-race ceromonies. I had a great view of the car from the rear during the parade lap as I was right behind it. What a great looking car. Its wide (very wide looking) aggresive low stance looked phenominal. I took some time and spoke to the PR director and he showed me the changes which were made. If you look at the rear deck from the side you really see a tall spoiler kick-up. The rear diffuser panel was in place under the car and it was a finished part vs what I saw in Detroit at the Auto Show. The body line on the front fenders is more pronounced. If you look from the front all the way to the back you will see this chiseled body line disappear into a rounded panel at the far end of the rear 1/4 panel. reminscent of the curve of a current roadster. The suade insert in the seats was really cool. Color was a good match of the leather so it doesn't really stand out. I don't know why but the seating position seemed better. I sat in the prototype in January and I swear that I looked straight at the windshield header (I am 6'-2" with a long torso). Sitting in this pre-production car the sight line was proper. We even raised the top and it didn't feel as tight on the nogen. By the way the ignition button said "START". I pointed out to the DC person that the deleation of the rear trunk emblem may have been a mistake. The body colored nomenclature below the bumper is body color and really gets lost. Even my 93 had lettering in orange so it would stand out. They may look into it.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperrick

I actually paid extra to have the Porsche emblems left off my last Porsche, so some may like the subtle "what is it?" effect.

edit: Although I did leave the trunk emblem on my Viper, I just took the lettering off, so perhaps you're right anyway.
I don't like the new Fang as well as the old one, though.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperrick,
I agree with you. Tha nomenclature on the front fenders should be different than "body color". My 01 Sapphire RT/10 has the chrome emblems and they look great with the chrome wheels. I ordered a black 03 and it would look much better with chrome emblems. I hope they listen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude