Is that my Viper in that book?

autoreality

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take a look at the Viper Buyers Guide by Maurice Q. Liang on pages 54 and 55. There is a 97 RT10 Blue and White. I just brought home a car from Colorado that could be the car? Possible? Only 53 built, obviously the car in the guide was in Colorado because of the plates. The biggest clue if you look close at the picture the RT/10 badge on the front is missing. On my car the badges are also missing. Thats just not enough proof. What else can I do?

V

Venomiss

Take a look at the Viper Buyers Guide by Maurice Q. Liang on pages 54 and 55. There is a 97 RT10 Blue and White. I just brought home a car from Colorado that could be the car? Possible? Only 53 built, obviously the car in the guide was in Colorado because of the plates. The biggest clue if you look close at the picture the RT/10 badge on the front is missing. On my car the badges are also missing. Thats just not enough proof. What else can I do?

You can ask Maurice. I'll send you a PM.

OP
OP
A

autoreality

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually its kind of a big deal to me. SORRY. Its my first Viper I've ever owned. I've been looking at that picture for years and thought it would be kind of crazy if that was the car I ended up with. I guess I'm pretty excited about it. I'm not tring to brag or anything I just thought someone out there maybe knows something about the car in the picture.:omg::omg::omg:

V

Venomiss

Actually its kind of a big deal to me. SORRY. Its my first Viper I've ever owned. I've been looking at that picture for years and thought it would be kind of crazy if that was the car I ended up with. I guess I'm pretty excited about it. I'm not tring to brag or anything I just thought someone out there maybe knows something about the car in the picture.:omg::omg::omg:

You did read your PM's correct?

OP
OP
A

autoreality

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, Thanks a lot for the tip. That's why I posted it, because your reply helped me get in contact Maurice. He was going to forward my message to the owner of the car at the time. Have not heard back any thing yet.

V

Venomiss

That is good to hear! You keep on being excited and enjoy your Viper!!!!:2tu:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say it's a plus to have your actual car in some type of publication even if it's a pic and story in a local newspaper but especially from a recognized auto industry publication. Adds to the novelty of ownership and it's good for the resale value...

BTW... Certainly one of the most desirable Gen2s you have there. I've only had my GTS for couple of months and I would like to pick up an RT/10 at some point and that one would be on the top of the list...Wow!

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big RT/10 guy, but I'd love to have a matched set of BW '97s, GTS and RT/10. That would be very cool.

OP
OP
A

autoreality

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got the E-mail last night from the original owner of the car. He confirmed that it is my car.:headbang: :headbang:They attached a copy of the window sticker matching the ser #. I kind of feel like I just started dating a girl from one of my ******* magazines. And I know that will never happen.:D