Is the the yellow of the VCA eddition the same as the 05 non VCA yellow?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just curious because I saw that the non VCA was a sunflower Yellow not the race yellow of my car.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's your paint code?

I wouldn't go by pictures either. I've seen many pictures of regular yellow vipers and in some, the yellow looks like a pale yellow Easter egg and in others the yellow looks almost like a school bus.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my knowledge both cars are Viper Race Yellow. The color changes quite a bit depending on the light.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting question indeed! I was told (right or wrong), that the yellow of the VCA SRT-10 is actually - get this- PROWLER Yellow. It didn't match up with either the Gen I yellow or the Gen II yellow. Indeed, when I saw a yellow Prowler up close not too long ago, it matched it pretty much perfectly. Does this color look familiar to you VCA SRT owners?

You must be registered for see images

Oh, and forget that "school bus yellow" - I tested it out myself! :2tu:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting question indeed! I was told (right or wrong), that the yellow of the VCA SRT-10 is actually - get this- PROWLER Yellow. It didn't match up with either the Gen I yellow or the Gen II yellow. Indeed, when I saw a yellow Prowler up close not too long ago, it matched it pretty much perfectly. Does this color look familiar to you VCA SRT owners?

Yeah - it is amazing what a camera and light will do. The yellow on that prowler doesn't look anything like the yellow on that VCA next to the school bus.

Anyway - the paint code on my "regular" yellow car is "PYR"

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul the Bus would undoubtedly look much faster if it were painted Blue and White! ;p

Jay "Self-Appointed El Presidente of the Blue N White Fan Club for life!" K.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul the Bus would undoubtedly look much faster if it were painted Blue and White!

Okay, I thought I would attempt my very first "replace color" in Photoshop. Blue was good, white not so:

Go ahead and say it Craig: "Just step away from the key board and put down the mouse..." :D

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul the Bus would undoubtedly look much faster if it were painted Blue and White!

Okay, I thought I would attempt my very first "replace color" in Photoshop. Blue was good, white not so:

Go ahead and say it Craig: "Just step away from the key board and put down the mouse..." :D

If it was a short bus I would have to say that the weight reduction would not only look faster but in fact be faster! :cool: