Is there a 3 volt source in the car?

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to run power to the Snake Oyl cruise control instead of the battery that came with the control. I hear that the battery needs replacing every few months.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could get a 3V DC regulator that is hooked up to a 12V input, since there are plenty of 12V switched or unswitched wires in the car. However, would running another wire to the cruise control be conspicuous? There would also be the issue of wiring up the IC voltage regulator if you are not an "electronics" type of guy. It is cheap and easy to do if you are, but otherwise, not recommended.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just tap a switched 12v source in your fuse box, and use some resistors to drop it down to 3v. Pretty sure you won't find a 3 volt source anywhere.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK - I'll be the first to say it - Buy a few replacement batteries and put them in the center console - problem solved.

Is winter here already :dunno:?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have that cruise in my '04 and I just this past spring changed out the battery in the control module for the first time. Its been in the car for over 4 years.

OP
OP
V

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that puts a different perspective..4 years is not inconvenient, so the issue is dead. Thanks all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang