Is this a deal on a GTS?

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just curious what kind of parts I could find on craigslist and came across this. Sounds like a good deal for someone looking. Kinda depressing thinking what my RT/10 may be worth. I'm not sure the condition of the car but looks like a fairly large gap in the hood, but fixable.

1997 DODGE VIPER GTS

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood doesn't look like it's closed completely. That's not the actual gap.

I didn't see a price. It does look really clean and matches the low mileage. Wonder what the engine looks like.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it probably has a salvage title. That's just too low for a 7,000 mile car with a clean title...

OP
OP
S

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably right about the salvage, the add doesn't mention anything about a clean carfax or no damage history.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was another thread on this very same car a couple of weeks ago. Car was in some kind of accident.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some teenage-20 year old wil buy it. What a mess... that bodywork is painful to look at.

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be very careful of scam's. I enquired about a brand new (used) Ford F250 at a dealer in Massachusetts. It was a beauti with about 20 pic's. I called the Town supervisor to see if their was this dealer in their town and they never heard of the dealership. I was suspicious because I found three other instances like this with boats. They were all on Valid internet sites.
One women said she was trying to make the sale because her husband died recently? Some people will go to know ends to take your money.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's no frame damage one could probably live with the panel gaps (they might be tightened a bit with some fiddling) but only at 23-24K. A slightly "off" Viper is a way more fun DD than a new Camry!:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960