Is this a factory Exhaust component?

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I think I found the source of my noise coming from the rear:

You must be registered for see images

The "Lateral Adjustment Bar" shown above runs across the top of the tubes and has two little tabs that extend from it, which bolt to brackets on the tubes themselves. Not all-too surprisingly, the tabs have sheared off at the adjustment bar, allowing the tubes to rest against the splash pan of the body.

I'm wondering if this is a factory piece, or part of the Corsa Exhaust System installed on my 2000 GTS.

I put a call into Corsa but had to leave a message (odd - only one guy to handle those types of calls? :dunno:) but in the meantime, can someone tell me if a dealership can supply this piece?

Jeff

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Chuck Tator a call, he has installed hundreds of exhaust systems.
He has installed two Corsa's for me alone.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto what Jon said...call Chuck (1-914-763-3136)...tho he's busy with ViperTony's over-torqued spark plugs today...;)
~juli

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that is a factory piece. I have seen that bar on the OEM exhaust's. However I don't know if it can be ordered. I assume it could be but you never know.

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That piece would of came welded to the Corsa exhaust. my old Snake Oly came with it attached and my new Random Tech came with it attached. as previously stated just get it welded.

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just have the tabs rewelded on the bar, cheaper and faster.
Luc 00GTS

Silly that I didn't think of that... I should be able to get that bar and the tabs removed from under the vehicle, take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it back together, then reinstall it myself...

Duh...

Jeff

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be curious why it broke though...

And if it's stainless, I'd get it TIG welded.

That was going to be my next question - does anyone know what type of metal it is... it looks unpainted, so I'd have to presume that it's stainless as it's not covered in rust. (I got pictures with my cell phone, but they don't give THAT much detail.)

I've been calling a few exhaust shops and they can't weld stainless...

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part has been repaired. It should be MUCH stronger than it was before - gusseted and wrapped in weld - very well done.

Price? Free. The advantages of working on a construction site and having the respect of your contractors... :)

Jeff