Is this what all Texas Viper owners are like?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, this guy is giving Texas Viper owners a bad name.

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 270239821779 end time May-29-08 15:45:00 PDT)

I win this guys auction and then I get an e-mail and the seller says he will not sell the car for his reserve price, which I met in the auction. He states he mistyped his reserve price in his auction. This is his second time listing the car on ebay.

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 270235918571 end time May-15-08 15:30:00 PDT)

I spoke to this owner 3 times during the auction, I asked for a buy it now to stop the auction, which he provided and I wouldn't pay. And I say, no thanks, I will ride out the auction and see where things go. I know most everyone bumps the price when someone asks for a price to end an auction. Now what gets me is NEVER in any of these phone calls we had, nor in any of our e-mails did this guy EVER state, oh by the way, my reserve is set wrong in my auction, so please do not be disapointed if you win and I ask for more money.

First, if you mistyped your reserve price.... before any one bids you can change it, second - at any time, bids or not, you can add to the description and state I've made a mistake with my reserve price call or e-mail for details, third - wouldn't anyone that made what they consider a make or break error with the reserve price cancel the auction and relist the car if you couldn't change your mistake within the auction?

And most of all, if you talk to prospective buyer 3 times and e-mail about the same amount BEFORE the end of the auction, and that buyer told you I won't pay your end it now price, I will take my chances at winning the auction and meeting the reserve, wouldn't it be prudent, common sense, a good jesture, good business, or ever just the right thing to do for the seller to mention that the reserve is set wrong and explain the situation? Why wait and try and extort extra monies out of the buyer after the auction has ended?

His last e-mail says it all, "I now have a local buyer that wants the car really bad"..... I see, after I won the auction someone offered more money and you want to crawfish and welch on the ebay auction! Nice! Way to represent Texas Viper Owners!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like Houston either. I thought that Rita, the hurricane right after Katrina that hit the gulf, was going to solve that problem for all of us Texans that could do without Houston. It missed, and Houston is still here.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like Houston either. I thought that Rita, the hurricane right after Katrina that hit the gulf, was going to solve that problem for all of us Texans that could do without Houston. It missed, and Houston is still here.

Among other schools, I applied for a PhD at the University of Houston. When the Dean told me I had to live at least 40 minutes from school and that I had to make sure I left school before dark in order to be safe, I said "no thanks." :omg:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought ebay had policy on that? Seems to me that he should sell you the car ... or be forced to pay a few thousand forfeit? Get him banned from ebay.

Good thing he's not a VCA member.

Ted

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not up to date on "eBay" law, but you should be able to compel the sale through eBay or the courts...if you really wanted to push it that far. I'm sure there's a policy.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not up to date on "eBay" law, but you should be able to compel the sale through eBay or the courts...if you really wanted to push it that far. I'm sure there's a policy.

Not worth the time and effort given you can find another car fairly easily and he would drag it out and probably do something to the car.

I would however work with EBay to get him kicked off.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2002 rt/10 for sale not on ebay yet. I do not know what you are looking for but it is the lowest priced 02 viper that is not wrecked on Autotrader.
2002 18,900 miles yellow both tops Daves big brake upgrade, 3m clear bra, other extras too. $41,500 if you or anyone else is intrested. I am driving a new 08 SSG coupe now the 02 yellow is just sitting covered in my garage and it is lonely!
I have had some bad ebay issues also.
Good Luck,

Jeff

Last edited:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well he must not be a member. The Houston folks that came up for the round up in April were are very cool folks. However, I agree with other statements, don't buy a Viper from a non VCA guy if you can.

And to echo Dave's point...I like the Houston guys...but hate Houston...ugh, the humidty and traffice aren't for me.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were looking for a Viper and read the description about the Texas car I wouldn't have bid because of how he comes off in the description. "Don't be any man, be THE MAN!" What a load of pompous BS. "I gaurantee you a first row valet parking spot anywhere." Wow....does he ever have a handle on what's important in life. Must be an oil man, yeah a body oil man at the Love Shack.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, this guy is giving Texas Viper owners a bad name.

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 270239821779 end time May-29-08 15:45:00 PDT)

I win this guys auction and then I get an e-mail and the seller says he will not sell the car for his reserve price, which I met in the auction. He states he mistyped his reserve price in his auction. This is his second time listing the car on ebay.

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 270235918571 end time May-15-08 15:30:00 PDT)

I spoke to this owner 3 times during the auction, I asked for a buy it now to stop the auction, which he provided and I wouldn't pay. And I say, no thanks, I will ride out the auction and see where things go. I know most everyone bumps the price when someone asks for a price to end an auction. Now what gets me is NEVER in any of these phone calls we had, nor in any of our e-mails did this guy EVER state, oh by the way, my reserve is set wrong in my auction, so please do not be disapointed if you win and I ask for more money.

First, if you mistyped your reserve price.... before any one bids you can change it, second - at any time, bids or not, you can add to the description and state I've made a mistake with my reserve price call or e-mail for details, third - wouldn't anyone that made what they consider a make or break error with the reserve price cancel the auction and relist the car if you couldn't change your mistake within the auction?

And most of all, if you talk to prospective buyer 3 times and e-mail about the same amount BEFORE the end of the auction, and that buyer told you I won't pay your end it now price, I will take my chances at winning the auction and meeting the reserve, wouldn't it be prudent, common sense, a good jesture, good business, or ever just the right thing to do for the seller to mention that the reserve is set wrong and explain the situation? Why wait and try and extort extra monies out of the buyer after the auction has ended?

His last e-mail says it all, "I now have a local buyer that wants the car really bad"..... I see, after I won the auction someone offered more money and you want to crawfish and welch on the ebay auction! Nice! Way to represent Texas Viper Owners!

Why would you assume that even one other Texas Viper owner was like this guy? Do all people from Kansas jump to baseless conclusions?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you assume that even one other Texas Viper owner was like this guy? Do all people from Kansas jump to baseless conclusions?

As a Texan for 47 years, I was not offended by his choice of word for his thread title.

I was able to see that maybe he was joking a bit, that maybe he was smart-ass a bit, but most certainly not throwing punches or names at his southern neighbors.

Hey, I'm sure he realizes, that all Texas has to do is close down our northern border at Oklahoma, and his lawn wouldn't get mowed any more, there'd be no more service at Wal-Mart, Mexican food would begin to really ****...:lmao:

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2002 rt/10 for sale not on ebay yet. I do not know what you are looking for but it is the lowest priced 02 viper that is not wrecked on Autotrader.
2002 18,900 miles yellow both tops Daves big brake upgrade, 3m clear bra, other extras too. $41,500 if you or anyone else is intrested. I am driving a new 08 SSG coupe now the 02 yellow is just sitting covered in my garage and it is lonely!
I have had some bad ebay issues also.
Good Luck,

Jeff

This is the worst Hijack of a thread that I have EVER seen!

Good Job!

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a Texan for 47 years, I was not offended by his choice of word for his thread title.

I was able to see that maybe he was joking a bit, that maybe he was smart-ass a bit, but most certainly not throwing punches or names at his southern neighbors.

Hey, I'm sure he realizes, that all Texas has to do is close down our northern border at Oklahoma, and his lawn wouldn't get mowed any more, there'd be no more service at Wal-Mart, Mexican food would begin to really ****...:lmao:

You nailed it on the head Dave! I've got way too many southern friends to judge them all by this ********. I knew the title would at least get the Texas folks to look at the post if no one else did.

But, I do however tend to jump to baseless conclusions on a regular basis! This just isn't one of those times. I bought the car fair and square and he is craw-fishing. Read his text, it clearly states “the car will sell to the highest bidder,” it was a reserve auction, I met the reserve and I was the highest bidder. I don’t know what other conclusion there could be on this one. I was set up to wire funds today; fly to Houston tonight, and drive home Saturday.

If any of you can mess with any future auctions on this car, feel free to help a brother out! I’m not smart enough to know how to and not get caught. With my luck I likely would get caught and have to pay the bogus bid amount.

Oh well.... soon I will be :drive: and hopefully will forget about this dishonest seller.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A real Texan would know how to buy a car without crying about it on the internet when they get the shaft. Why don't you go and look at some cars in person and forget about e-bay...............
You got screwed , be a man and deal with it.................

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A real Texan would know how to buy a car without crying about it on the internet when they get the shaft. Why don't you go and look at some cars in person and forget about e-bay...............

This post has never been about me. The sole intent was/is to call this guy out, show his true colors so if anyone else here ends up coming across this seller in person or on the internent, they know what they are dealing with.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do have to be very careful about buying on ebay, but doing your homework can yield in great success. Obviously the guy selling is a ********. I bought my 2004 SRT Viper and just recently a 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 off of ebay with no issues at all.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think when someone gets a raw deal, and posts it on the forum here, it's nothing more than a discussion topic. Something to BS about. Man or mouse shouldn't be part of the discussion this guy is looking for. Didn't really seem like whining to me. Just a discussion topic.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post has never been about me. The sole intent was/is to call this guy out, show his true colors so if anyone else here ends up coming across this seller in person or on the internent, they know what they are dealing with.

Thank you for the post and the warning. But, I will NEVER buy a Viper off of ebay unless I'm looking for a wreck to rebuild. Even then, eBay still ***** when it comes down to enforcing its policies. It may cost a little bit more but you may be better off buying a Viper from one of our sponsors, or VCA member.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found my last car on ebay, waited until the auction ended and made a deal with the owner, flew down and looked the car over (it wasn't listed in the classifieds.

I can't afford to get ripped tens of thousands of dollars so I only paid after I'd seen and driven the car.

50% of people I've spoken to were happy with their ebay purchases of cars, 50% weren't

Ted

D

DAMN YANKEE

No some Texans are like this...

President Bush: "Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"
Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: "I can take them off."
Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."
Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."
Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."
Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."
Bush: "Touché.
To blind reporter Peter Wallsten
Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No some Texans are like this...

President Bush: "Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"
Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: "I can take them off."
Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."
Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."
Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."
Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."
Bush: "Touché.
To blind reporter Peter Wallsten
Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

Oh sure. Pin the donkey tail on everyone that lives here.

:D

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
E-bay is a great source for putting the word out doesn't always mean you will sell/buy through there just a source everyone well almost everyone looks at it.
Whether it be TX or anyplace else everyone comes across a bummer like this at one time or another even on this site been there done that.
BTW, you got the cash he has the car each time he lists it spends the usual time with the e-mails/phone calls, tire kickers and looky Loos not to mention the strokes with no real intention to buy it costs more.
His loss your gain, move on.
Street Serpant red zinfandel, what the heck is that? Maybe its better you did'nt end up with the car he'll most likely want another G for that special label.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang