It's TIme for Dodge to step up

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It\'s TIme for Dodge to step up

Jay,

What division of the corporation do you work in?

I was in the Los Angeles Zone office from 1987-1994. I was the District Manager of los Angeles. :usa:

What a great place to work! I've never worked for DC... but if y'all can convince Chrysler to send me money, I'll take it... LOL

I am a Engineering Program Manager for a company that makes Scroll Compressors for residential and light commercial air conditioning units, and scroll refrigeration compressors sold to the transport container industry.

It is a pretty neat place to work, we machine part to tolarances in the microns. Our compressors have not seals between the compression elements, the seal is the precise machining of the mating parts.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I brought this topic up because of things going on over at the vette forums. The dicussion centers around the new LS9? engine due out in 2 years. The engine would be supercharged and have 6-700hp. The discussion now is when and not if. The leak of info does not seem to hurt GM, and as you all recall, I wanted the same leaks for us from dodge. People poo- pooed this in terms of resale, people buying new vipers etc. Like I said, doesn't seem to hurt Chevy

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I brought this topic up because of things going on over at the vette forums. The dicussion centers around the new LS9? engine due out in 2 years. The engine would be supercharged and have 6-700hp. The discussion now is when and not if. The leak of info does not seem to hurt GM, and as you all recall, I wanted the same leaks for us from dodge. People poo- pooed this in terms of resale, people buying new vipers etc. Like I said, doesn't seem to hurt Chevy

Makes sence.

The other part of the Vete rumor is the price... over 100K. WE all know that Paxton SRT-10's are way below that price, and delivering similar or bigger HP numbers.

Do you think a Viper with a Paxton, or screw type super charger, as an "option" from the factory making those numbers would be desired over a 600-700 HP NA engine? Price in the 90K range?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you been reading the papers lately? GM is in deeep doo-doo. Maybe if they keep their mouth zipped about upcoming products, they'd do better business. You CAN'T leak one thing and not the other. Even though leaked info about vettes might be good for the egos of vette owners, the press will wonder why nothing else is being leaked. Then the lack of leak=bad news being hidden. Most likely, the leaks are just an attempt to distract people from the poor vette sales figures.

A competitive business CANNOT survive by leaking upcoming products. It violates common business sense and every marketing and PR doctrines. If you want far-fetched rumors, randomly pick a number of HP over 500 and claim it to be so in 2 years. It'll happen eventually, and everyone like you will be happy. I'm sure at one point or another the srt guys sat around a table and someone suggested adding twin turbo to make 1000HP. I'd be willing to bet they had one made up or borrowed someone's Viper who had it customed to test the feasibility of that mechanically and economically. So technically, you can spread the rumor that DC is considering it.

It's all talk. Actions speak louder than words. I trust at VOI something will be announced. Until then, there's no point making a fuss like a baby. Go buy your z06 already and enjoy it... ur song and dance is getting old here. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Have you been reading the papers lately? GM is in deeep doo-doo. Maybe if they keep their mouth zipped about upcoming products, they'd do better business. You CAN'T leak one thing and not the other. Even though leaked info about vettes might be good for the egos of vette owners, the press will wonder why nothing else is being leaked. Then the lack of leak=bad news being hidden. Most likely, the leaks are just an attempt to distract people from the poor vette sales figures.

A competitive business CANNOT survive by leaking upcoming products. It violates common business sense and every marketing and PR doctrines. If you want far-fetched rumors, randomly pick a number of HP over 500 and claim it to be so in 2 years. It'll happen eventually, and everyone like you will be happy. I'm sure at one point or another the srt guys sat around a table and someone suggested adding twin turbo to make 1000HP. I'd be willing to bet they had one made up or borrowed someone's Viper who had it customed to test the feasibility of that mechanically and economically. So technically, you can spread the rumor that DC is considering it.

It's all talk. Actions speak louder than words. I trust at VOI something will be announced. Until then, there's no point making a fuss like a baby. Go buy your z06 already and enjoy it... ur song and dance is getting old here. :rolleyes:

Gee WARF, it really sounds like you want to start something with me. And, gee, I have made so many good new years resolutions. :buttkick:

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Makes sence.

The other part of the Vete rumor is the price... over 100K. WE all know that Paxton SRT-10's are way below that price, and delivering similar or bigger HP numbers.

Do you think a Viper with a Paxton, or screw type super charger, as an "option" from the factory making those numbers would be desired over a 600-700 HP NA engine? Price in the 90K range?

Jay
I agree with you. I think it is our ace in the hole. I have been waiting to see how the supercharger turns out, but now it seems that enough people have done it with great results. I think 06 will be the year for me to take the plunge. I certainly hope WARF condons this action :D :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gee WARF, it really sounds like you want to start something with me. And, gee, I have made so many good new years resolutions. :buttkick:

Starting something with you would be like me sandblasting a ritz *******. No point in it. Your frustration at DC is reasonable, and I share it. But your constant whining and lack of understanding of market forces is annoying. On top of that you just don't know when to shut up... seems like you're the only one that wants to "start something" with other members here. At some point, a disagreement is just that. A disagreement. Coming back every 2 weeks with a progress report about something you know nothing about, just because you THINK is supports your position and want to rub it in, is just lame at best.

A wise man once told me: The less you speak, the less people will realize what an idiot you really are.

(If that's true... I guess I'm in trouble, too!) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302