I've Just About Had It - I'm Going Stock!!!!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'ve Just About Had It - I\'m Going Stock!!!!

this is so sickening and just fed up!!!! ever since i went with the SC i have had so many freakin problems i can't enjoy the car no more. After $15,000 in parts and who know how many thousands of $$$$ in labor not only does it detonate like a **** but the check engine come on every 10-15 mins and starts to run like crap. i have to pull over and reset it and then again it will come on. what gives.

I'm just wondering if you PAXTON guys have the same problems.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve Just About Had It - I\'m Going Stock!!!!

i got first dibs on that roe then...:)

lets drive it down to sean roe one weekend. im serious bro.

we get drive down, get tuned by sean, and drive home. its easy, i already did it once.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D,

Never had one problem with either of my Paxton cars.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D,

Never had one problem with either of my Paxton cars.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey D, did Sean tune it at Tators tech session?

no he didnt..i was hoping it would be ready for him but car was just quite not done yet.

Reaction score

D,
1) Do you have the MSD Fuel Pump Voltage Booster?

2) Wanna e-mail me your current VEC2 file (just for schits and grins)?

3) Can you pin down the RPM/Boost the detonation happens?

With the help of Joseph Dell I have eliminated all of the intermittent detonation I had. In fact, I might even be able to add a little timing back...but the rain started today. :( Drop me an e-mail...or I'll call if you PM your number.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DONT GIVE UP!!! Call Sean TOMORROW, let him know whats going on and he WILL straighten it out..Fax him your dyno sheets. You need 1 larger W/M injector, pull some timing and she will run great..your HP numbers are high for your mods due to to much timing advance..great numbers on the dyno but in real world street driving the engine cant handle that kind of advance...When tuned properly you will lose 40 Hp, but the car will run good...AL... :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DONT GIVE UP!!! Call Sean TOMORROW, let him know whats going on and he WILL straighten it out..Fax him your dyno sheets. You need 1 larger W/M injector, pull some timing and she will run great..your HP numbers are high for your mods due to to much timing advance..great numbers on the dyno but in real world street driving the engine cant handle that kind of advance...When tuned properly you will lose 40 Hp, but the car will run good...AL... :laugh: :laugh:

i have already sent my card to sean roe and sent me back two cards. both cards he sent me detonate.....i might have to take the whole car there myself.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

this is so sickening and just fed up!!!! ever since i went with the SC i have had so many freakin problems i can't enjoy the car no more. After $15,000 in parts and who know how many thousands of $$$$ in labor not only does it detonate like a **** but the check engine come on every 10-15 mins and starts to run like crap. i have to pull over and reset it and then again it will come on. what gives.

Dimitrios,
I know a guy that has the same setup like yours. I was at a gas station. And he pulled up behind my car. We talked, and he told me that he regret supercharging his car. He too had problems with the Vec 2 system. He said that when he had just the bolt ons, roller rockers, ect. The car ran so sweet and reliable. After hearing his story. IMO I think you ought to bring it back to NA with the bolt on mods. ;)

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dimitrios,
I know a guy that has the same setup like yours. I was at a gas station. And he pulled up behind my car. We talked, and he told me that he regret supercharging his car. He too had problems with the Vec 2 system. He said that when he had just the bolt ons, roller rockers, ect. The car ran so sweet and reliable. After hearing his story. IMO I think you ought to bring it back to NA with the bolt on mods. ;)

[/QUOTE] It sounds like that guy gave up after 98% of the work was done too...it takes a bit of work to dial in the timing at certain rpms, A/F curves, etc. Mine ran like crap for a time too, but after some trial and error with Sean and a few new program cards he finally got it to run great...Zero problems all year...AL...

:D

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dimitrios,
It sounds like that guy gave up after 98% of the work was done too...it takes a bit of work to dial in the timing at certain rpms, A/F curves, etc. Mine ran like crap for a time too, but after some trial and error with Sean and a few new program cards he finally got it to run great...Zero problems all
year...AL...

[/QUOTE]

Your lucky. Most people here dont have the opportunity to have their cars dialed in by Sean. Cuz they live so far away.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dimitri that ***** bro, what gives?, was it installed right? Now you are giving me second thoughts on the SC. I am heading to North Miami Beach in the next couple of days, I am down for a roadtrip..........=) We can stop by "PUMPS" in Atlanta.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D sorry to hear about your car but you saved me alot of money in doing the supercharger to my car. My mind is now made up. Adrian

Reaction score

I concur with the comment about being 98% done. That last 2% is mighty hard to get...but it has been done. I liken it to breaking a 5min/mile pace. The closer I got to it...the harder the gains were.

Once there you will be HAPPY! D, I'm running almost the same setup, minus the header, cam and heads. I was out today for the first time with an updated card I created....I could get into the gas ANY speed, ANY gear, all the way to WOT (modulating for wheel spin) and there was absolutely no detonation. I am actually looing at my program now and adding a bit of timing back. :)

Still waiting for a PM. :)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what kind of fuel system do you have? Maybe it's not getting enough fuel? I was having detonation problems until I upgraded my fuel system. Then it ran great. I would think with a 10lb pulley you definitely would need more fuel.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What engine codes are you getting and are you running the stock PCM?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have to think a good tuner will be able to work the bugs out. But, I must admit that your experience makes me question the whole blower thing. I think that most of the problems/cost that you have had to deal with are fixed with a couple of days of proper street tuning. I guess the lesson is if you can't DIY dial it in, then spend the $ for professional help or you may have to spend even more on pistons and still have the same problems. I would hate to see you go back to N/A after posting those great #'s. Sux that you are having all these problems.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i have already sent my card to sean roe and sent me back two cards. both cards he sent me detonate.....i might have to take the whole car there myself.

D instead of going back to stock why not step back by:

:crazy: installing the 5lb pulley

:eek: turn off the W/M

:confused: load the basic 6D or 9D card

Drive the car in this configuration for awhile and work out any bugs. Then reinstall the power adders one at a time.

Did you install the Wideband monitor?

In the end you will be rewarded with awesome performance that is reliable.
I'm not giving you any
You must be registered for see images

Rick

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was the stock pcm ever reprogramed by West Coast Vipers before the install of the blower?

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love my Paxton set-up. DLM installed it. Never had a single problem and only went this route cause my friend Gerald has over 50,000 miles on his Paxton fed Viper. His car was also done at DLM.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just get an AEM unit and get it tuned by someone that know, and you will never have those kinds of problems again.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Dimitrios,
I'm getting ready to leave for the PRI show and decided to check out the VCA board before I left.
Sorry to hear the tuning is not complete.
The cards I recently sent you were two different alterations of the program written at VOS.
From the input you gave me with the card, I made two with minor alterations in timing and fuel.
To make the next step in tuning requires input from you on how each differed, or a dyno trip.
If we were in front of the car on the dyno, logging what the engine was doing for air / fuel ratio, ignition timing, W/M rate, etc, I would not have to ask for your input when making a tune change.
But, I'm 1000 miles away.
I've tuned dozens of car by e-mail and fax where the car was on the dyno and they sent me the graphs (dyno and VEC2 log), allowing me to give very accurate tuning advice so they could make the next pull. That works almost as well as having the car in front of me actually. It just doesn't allow me to see some of the variables from car to car that occur (mod combinations, different year or modded PCM's, etc).
I would be glad to help you out any way I can.
Absolute worst case scenario, you reduce the boost.
This isn't difficult stuff when you have all the info. It's only tedious or time consuming when you're doing it blind folded asking for direction (meaning, making an educated guess on a tune change and waiting to hear what the results were). That's always the worst way to do it, but sometimes the only way available.
I'll be out of the shop through Sunday.
Call me on mobile if you need immediate assistance.
904-535-4949
If you need to make a trip to FL for a tune, I'll get you taken care of
Regards,
Sean

Reaction score

I love that word....tedious. :) It does imply, though, that the ends justify the means (or the wait).

D, are you set up to log with the VEC2? I made up a great serial cable that I have run under the cowl and into the passenger side compartment which allows the laptop to be close at hand. I can help you out if you like.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So let me be the first to say congratulations on the sale of your car parts! Let us know what you are selling used b/c we all want the parts!

but seriously: paxton, roe, or anything: you'll have these issues. but if you don't learn to work the VEC2 on your own [and to understand all the "stuff" the Sean is talking about], then you will always be screwed. or at least feel that way.

you once put in 100 octane gas and it got rid of the detonation, yah? so you have too much timing in the car. back out 8 degrees and i'm pretty sure it'll go away. or send me your program and i'll do it for you.

these cars aren't that hard. but they do require care and feeding. in fact, any "high" boost application requires care and feeding.

you want it to be easy: get rid of the water ****, put a smaller pulley on it, and take out 8-10 deg of timing (instead of the timing ADVANCE which you probably have w/ the water ****). then your problems will go away.

JD

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D instead of going back to stock why not step back by:

:crazy: installing the 5lb pulley

:eek: turn off the W/M

:confused: load the basic 6D or 9D card

Drive the car in this configuration for awhile and work out any bugs. Then reinstall the power adders one at a time.

Did you install the Wideband monitor?

Rick

That is EXACTLY what I was going to post. Go back to step one. I think with more boost the cars don't run as well. I'm not sure I will ever install more than 5 psi on a creampuff with or without w/m. You also have heads and cam and headers....so don't blame the s/c for all your problems ;)

Is this car a creampuff ? Do you have the tuning software ?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

tony, D is not a creampuff anymore. Tator change his internals to forged parts so I think he is plenty safe to run higher levels of boost. He has good heads, good cam, good headers, his install was done by Chuck Tator so you know it was done right. Chuck has done many of these blowers I believe. I only wonder why these issues didnt come up when chuck street tuned the car??? D, dont sell the blower I understand your frustration but you have to go the extra mile like many in the know have chimed in and get the car tuned correctly. I see a few that offered to look at your vec maps so my .02 is to take the offers and see where they take you. look at it this way, it is the first free thing you put into that beast. -josh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang