I've Just About Had It - I'm Going Stock!!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve Just About Had It - I\'m Going Stock!!!!

i cant imagine tuning his car on the street. first id want a dang good tune on a dyno (which i figured he got at VOS) then maybe a litte more street tuning with a wideband installed.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Joe Dell had good advice for keeping the car reliable and practical for street purposes.
Drop to a 5 to 8 lb pulley (also decreases the need for race gas)
Take out some of the timing.

Sure you will loose some power but the car will still beat 98% of the cars on the street, motor will be safe, and you will also be able to put it to a stock Viper with just a blower added on. Ask yourself if driving the car at a reliable approx. 11.2 1/4mile is going to be a huge loss from one that performed 10.9 1/4mile on the street.

Or Best Option (if you want spend more time and money) is Phil's advice and give re-tuning with wideband. I think its worth another shot. Its always nice not to loose power.

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

D
When i had my heads machine they drop my compression to 8-9-1 and i have no problem running 10 psi run 93 fuel.My feeling is your compressor ratio is higher then stock that why your having so many problems with detonate.Talking with the guy that works on my motor said when running supercharger or turbo your best bet is to drop compression down a little.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

pedro, good point but this is what i think you have overlooked. I believe D bought his heads from roe ad i am also sure he would have had the heads decked so the compression was lowered for the boost.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have no fear, the Wizard is here!
I will be seeing D soon and I will do a little tweaking! Yes we are pushing the stock fuel system a bit but it will work with the mods he has! D's motor is now just past his break-in and it's now time for the final adjustment. I did install new O2's and the code 0174 may be a slow O2! IT WOULD NOT BE the first time I've had a bad part from DC!! :mad:

Charlie, yellow is a lighter shad of red! :nana:

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with the timing. No way his stock fuel set up is going to support 700+ hp. Get a wideband, learn how to use the VEC2 and tune this car right!!

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yo D time to take it to Shawn. Dont fck with it before you blow a piston.Bring it down and get ready for the spring

Yo B. Seans like thousands of miles away. LOL

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Don't get into an arsenal of all the different shades of Red. The damn Red is enough to deal with right now. :nono: :nono: :nono:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have no fear, the Wizard is here!
I will be seeing D soon and I will do a little tweaking! Yes we are pushing the stock fuel system a bit but it will work with the mods he has! D's motor is now just past his break-in and it's now time for the final adjustment. I did install new O2's and the code 0174 may be a slow O2! IT WOULD NOT BE the first time I've had a bad part from DC!! :mad:

Chuck i thought we sorted this out when you were over :nono: ....

RED IS A DARK YELLOW!!!!!!! :evilmad: LOL LOL
OK I'm waiting :hitfan:
Baz :2tu:

Stick with it you are allmost there,Be a shame to loose all that money and effort...

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also have a code that comes up every 300 miles or so on next start up.That is an o2 sencer heater fail,Only done it since new headers installed..
Spoke to Chuck (MrT) and going to try header wrapping the section where the o2 is fitted..
Baz

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

d,

loose some boost

10 lbs might be to much on a roe car for every day use with no issues. With 8 lbs you should be fine. keep in mind that even with the water **** your still non intercooled unlike the paxton cars.

The problems that you are going thru are growing pains everyone goes thru that when they have a 700 hp beast. just be calm and you will get it right.

vd..

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PS if you do want to go stock i have a mint 02 yellow :2tu: .....

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RIght bank lean, wouldn't that be 02 sensors ?

G

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D:

If you haven't already got them, I'd make sure Sean gives you a street card and a race card for your VEC2.

Your street card could take out considerable timing to eliminate detonation for everyday use (yes, and some HP), but you'd be much less frenzied on your daily romps.

At the track, you can play the race card and add race gas.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTR 750 + Stock computer with no gadgets = 9.60's @ 149 mph
or for you dyno queens 803 rwhp @ 1031 RWTQ WITH NO COMPUTER MODS OR DRIVING ISSUES.

Have a great day!

JEDI

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

sad but true

I actually made 906 rwtq on a stock srt. with 0 issues

vd..

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald:

"right Bank Lean" - You could have raw fuel in the exhaust causing the O2's to think lean, it then goes full rich to protect the car. Raw fuel doesn't show as rich in the exhaust system, like one would think.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey D,
Before you bring it to Chuck I would get yourself a wideband 02. No offense to Chuck, but I don't know how you can really tune it well, especially if you are having problems now, if you don't know your A/F at all rpm's. Also, A/F will change with the weather, so looking ahead you will want to give it a check every now and then to see where you are at. I would also use a fuel pressure gauge at the same time to see if your maxed out. You don't need to mount one in the car, just tape one to the windshield while testing.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

shameless plug tom. :buttkick:

But it makes me feel good! I get countless calls like the fellow above..."can you fix this for me, can you make this work, how much to replace this gidgit that I have and how much power will it make..bla bla bla. The good news here is that this customer has Sean Roe who will go to all ends to help.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D, your car can be tuned to run almost like stock. I actually have a more agressive cam than your car and it is very smooth to drive at 10lbs with no detonation.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tuning is the key - I have the Roe S/C on an '01 with the "8 lb" pully and W/M injection and it runs fine. I did get a LM-1 to log A/F ratio and it was key, as my car just seems to want a bit different tune than Sean's base cards. I also have scaning software so I could look at the adaptives and made significant changes there, too. Without these tools, you are wasting your time trying to tune, IMO.

That said, I don't think I am making the outrageous power others make. In 100 deg weather my traps were about 127 in back-to-back-to-back runs, so I figure something like 600 rwhp, tops. The neat thing about W/M is that you can hit the button and take the residual heat out of the intake tract when staging.

Get someone who really knows what thery are doing to look at it - Chuck should be your man. Sean will talk you through anything on the phone, though, and he has the best customer service in the business, IMO. It is partially that he genuinely cares, and also because he actually knows what he is doing, rather than just being a talking head that markets.