Jan 2011 Event already planned!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: Yes you heard right everyone! Jan. 2011 event is already in the books and sent out to your e-mails. If you are not on the email list please let us know. Our goal for 2011 is to provide at least 1 month notice if not 2 months notice for every event. All will be posted on this forum as well as emailed out to everyone on our list. Special give-a-ways will also be during some events but you MUST be present to win! Now on to the event for Jan. :drive:

Fellow Viper owners! (Please RSVP Attendance to [email protected])

It's time for the next event so mark your calendars or just check ours! Central Texas VCA calendar

Event:
BBQ Run to Lockhart

Meeting place:
San Antonio Area: Meet at Biff Buzby's at 9:00am and leave at 9:15am. (12701 Toepperwein Road, Live Oak, TX 78233)

Austin Area: Meet at Gattiland in Round Rock at 9:00am and leave at 9:30am (1112 North Interstate 35, Round Rock, TX 78681)

Central Members/Others: Meet at Hastings in San Marcos at 10:30am and leave at 11:00am (917 Highway 80, San Marcos, TX 78666)

Time:
9:00am for area-specific caravans, 10:30am if you're meeting the group in San Marcos (see above for details)

Description/special instructions:

The Central Texas VCA is ringing in the new year with some good old-fashioned BBQ in Lockhart!:2tu: Each area is putting together a small caravan to rendezvous with the larger group in San Marcos, so feel free to join either of the smaller groups or meet up with everyone for the last leg of the drive to Lockhart in San Marcos.

We look forward to seeing everyone out and about in 2011!

If you have not been to Lockhart this is a MUST join drive. It is BBQ heaven! This is NOT a long drive, but it is great to get out with your fellow members and discuss the holidays (good memories or bad) and warm up with some good old fashioned BBQ and warm up next to a fire. There are 4 awesome spots to eat in Lockhart so we will draw straws on event day in San Marcos to be fair.

Hope to see everyone there! :tx:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though it's a VCA event, can I invite a guy from work to get his freakin' Vette out of the garage and join us to see how the big boy and girls play? I've been trying to convince him for a couple months to join the "dark side" and get a Viper. He does have a saving grace -- he leaves his Vette in the garage and drives a Ram pickup. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though it's a VCA event, can I invite a guy from work to get his freakin' Vette out of the garage and join us to see how the big boy and girls play? I've been trying to convince him for a couple months to join the "dark side" and get a Viper. He does have a saving grace -- he leaves his Vette in the garage and drives a Ram pickup. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hey Tere! Where you been the past year?! Sure, bring him out out with us we will help convert him!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tere! Where you been the past year?! Sure, bring him out out with us we will help convert him!
I've been cloistered in the nunnery trying to get this Masters degree knocked out in the shortest possible time -- I'll have it finished by mid-August (1 year + 2 weeks = MS in Higher Ed.). So far it's been time consuming (writing boatloads of papers) but easy since it's what I've been doing for a living for years -- 4.0 CGPA so far.

I'm hoping to have a good tune on the snake by 1/8/11 so I can "test" it out. With the full Belanger long-tube headers and 3" cat-backs the snake is wickedly loud. I cracked the stock exhaust manifold (badly) at last year's Round Up so I had to do a little surgery on the snake. :):drive::)

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything planned for a cruise after lunch?

If not, how about 183 south to Gonzales, turns into 111, right on 97 to Cost, right on FM 466 west to FM 477, right on 46 to Seguin? The SA folks can jump on I-10 west or continue with Austin folks up 46 to New Braunfels and hit I-35.

Why FM 466? I'm not a big religious person, but on 466 is the best cheese in Texas at the Moo Jesus Dairy. Everything is all natural -- no preservatives! Fantastic chocolate too! The cows are not even milked by machine -- check out the video on the home page. Every Saturday is market and festival day. They've also got ribeye steaks to die for -- a bit expensive but worth it. The store is open on Saturdays until 4 p.m. -- if we do it, we could give them a call to let them know to expect us. Here's the website to see what you think -- mooJesus Dairy:Welcome to MooJesus Dairy

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything planned for a cruise after lunch?

If not, how about 183 south to Gonzales, turns into 111, right on 97 to Cost, right on FM 466 west to FM 477, right on 46 to Seguin? The SA folks can jump on I-10 west or continue with Austin folks up 46 to New Braunfels and hit I-35.

Why FM 466? I'm not a big religious person, but on 466 is the best cheese in Texas at the Moo Jesus Dairy. Everything is all natural -- no preservatives! Fantastic chocolate too! The cows are not even milked by machine -- check out the video on the home page. Every Saturday is market and festival day. They've also got ribeye steaks to die for -- a bit expensive but worth it. The store is open on Saturdays until 4 p.m. -- if we do it, we could give them a call to let them know to expect us. Here's the website to see what you think -- mooJesus Dairy:Welcome to MooJesus Dairy

You've been busy! No wonder we haven't seen you. If you can shoot me over your e-mail, the one we have to send you updates on events and such keeps bouncing back to us, do you have a new one? The run after lunch sounds great. I'll shoot it over to everyone and see how many are interested in taking the drive after lunch. You know I'm up for it!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've been busy! No wonder we haven't seen you. If you can shoot me over your e-mail, the one we have to send you updates on events and such keeps bouncing back to us, do you have a new one? The run after lunch sounds great. I'll shoot it over to everyone and see how many are interested in taking the drive after lunch. You know I'm up for it!
The e-mail inbox was full -- it's empty now, so it works (too much junk e-mail in there).

They have a cheese at the dairy that will really give you a buzz in a hurry. I forgot the name of it, but it's got a real kick to it.

It's a pretty easy drive (all right turns to make a caravan easy) and FM 466 has a few twisties (nothing radical) just for interest.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The e-mail inbox was full -- it's empty now, so it works (too much junk e-mail in there).

They have a cheese at the dairy that will really give you a buzz in a hurry. I forgot the name of it, but it's got a real kick to it.

It's a pretty easy drive (all right turns to make a caravan easy) and FM 466 has a few twisties (nothing radical) just for interest.

We have a few confirmed for the drive after lunch, we'll see if we can get everyone to go. If you could have some directions printed up that would be great. Glad to have you back in action and congrats on the Masters!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the route map and directions. I think the GPS folks can pluck waypoint coordinates from it. I think you can also plug it into Google Earth for some serious route study. Let me know if anyone has any problems. We should also be able to e-mail the map link to everyone.

Viper 1/8/11 - Google Maps

Looks to be about 1:10 from Lockhart to the dairy (at '55 Ford pickup speeds).

From the dairy to I-35 at New Braunfels it's about 35 minutes.

Total 1:45 drive time plus however long we spend at the dairy.

If the above "no workie" for you, here's another map link alternative:

Alternative Web Map

If we need to cut significant drive time out; at Luling, take 80 south to FM 466, right on 466 and rest of route as planned. We can make that decision before we leave Lockhart.

Last edited:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the San Antonio folks were to leave at 9:00 a.m., we could get a little early morning "heart starter" in on River Road. Total drive time on the alternate route is 1:30 which would put us in San Marcos at 10:30 a.m.

I-35 north to exit on 337; left on 337 to River Road; left on River Road to FM 2673; right on FM 2673 to FM 306; right on FM 306 to Purgatory; left on Purgatory to RR 32/12; right on RR 32/12 to FM 3407; right on FM 3407 (Wonderworld Dr.) to I-35; left on I-35 north to Hwy 80; right on Hwy 80 east to left into Hastings strip mall.

The Alternate Web Map link has a Google Earth download that has all route segments including the entire alternate San Antonio to San Marcos River Road segment. Scroll to the bottom of the linked page for the Google Earth file. You can pull GPS waypoint coordinates from Google Earth. What's cool about Google Earth is if I make any map changes, Google Earth automatically picks them up. I also have the map in my Blackberry.

If it's not too late in the day, the San Antonio folks can also do River Road on the way home. Gas up at 46 and I-35 in New Braunfels and take 46/337 west to right turn on River Road to FM 2673; right on FM 2673 to FM 306; left on FM 306 to Hwy 281 south; left on 281 south to San Antonio. This route back to SA (Loop 1604) has a drive time of 1:23. Any Austin folks could also run River Road and at Hwy 281 go right on 281 north to 290 and then right on 290 to Austin.

Little old route planner here -- anything to get at a road with some twisties!

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

Last edited:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Google Maps link doesn't show a map, hit your browser back button. For some reason it sometimes slides by the map when it loads.

If you have a phone that will run the Google Maps app, you can save the map to My Maps and then access it from your phone -- the Droid, Blackberry, and a couple other phones can use this feature. :)

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As of today, there is a 40% chance of rain forecast on Saturday. As such, we will wait until Friday to send out a confirmation email to all VCA members that the event is still taking place. Also, on Friday I will post here a confirmation.

Chris

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rain, smain....Drive the darn things!!!!:pokey:

Put the PS2 on the ACR for me man, I'll pick it up Saturday morning to run in the wet stuff! No worries :beer:

The RT is *******, the TT has intakes on the bottom- in the wet they stay in the garage now.

But your ACR will keep me nice and dry at 140 in the rain :headbang:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could take a Limey car - they're made for the rain :lmao:

I don't own a set of 345 PS2's yet. Will be putting some on the RT soon.

PS:
I'd ride anything that's ******* in the wet.....keep it clean!!!:dunno::nono:

The RT is *******, the TT has intakes on the bottom- in the wet they stay in the garage now.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The event is a GO tomorrow. The chance of rain is almost gone until late tomorrow night. Hope to see you all there!

Chris

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The event is a GO tomorrow. The chance of rain is almost gone until late tomorrow night. Hope to see you all there!

Chris

REMINDER:

Meeting place:
San Antonio Area: Meet at Biff Buzby's at 9:00am and leave at 9:15am. (12701 Toepperwein Road, Live Oak, TX 78233)

Austin Area: Meet at Gattiland in Round Rock at 9:00am and leave at 9:30am (1112 North Interstate 35, Round Rock, TX 78681)

Central Members/Others: Meet at Hastings in San Marcos at 10:30am and leave at 11:00am (917 Highway 80, San Marcos, TX 78666)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang