Jim Poma, Ohio VCA Member, Passed Away!

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I post the passing(2/4/05) of Jim Poma, one of our great friends in the Ohio VCA. The information I have at this time is that it was a brain aneurysm. If you didn't know or meet him you may still have seen some of his work. He (Lazart Inc.) provided the special gifts to those 2003 SRT-10 Viper Owners that attended the VOI7 event, they featured the SRT-10 in 3D inside a glass cube. Jim had great fun and success locally drag racing his RT-10 around Ohio. We last saw Jim and his wife Kim a couple weeks ago, in Cleveland, at our annual Holiday Party. As always, he was having a great time and was a wonderful person to have around and spend time with! He will be missed by everyone that knew him. Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

POMA, James P., 49, of Boardman; calling hours Sunday(2/6/05) from 2 to 5 p.m. at Davis Funeral Home and Monday(2/7/05) from 10 to 11 a.m. at New Hope Community Church.

Davis Funeral Home
4996 Market St
Youngstown, OH 44512-2123
Phone: (330) 788-9605

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
How sad... Our condolences to his Family and Friends from your neighbors to the west and south.

Steve Fess , Sec. VCA Ind/Ky Region, Inc.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sincerest condolences,My families prayers are with his family and friends.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dang! 49 years old! That's sad and soo young too! Makes you think about how you can be taken away at anytime. I guess we need to make the best of what we have each day!

My condolences

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lazart Inc Was very supportive of The New England Viper Club Region as well. He will be greatly missed. Our Prayers go out to Kim and there family. From the New England Region.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I raced him approx 2 years ago at Norwalk in the finals of the Viper shootout of the Chrysler Classic..... It was a very interesting race.

He staged very early .....he did not do a burn out. I did my burn out and during the burn out went into a a deep stage. I did not realize that, so I backed up to stage and the starter trip the light while I was in reverse. So the beginning of the race I was going backwards...so I had to get out of reverse and get it into 1 st. Mean time Jim hole shotted me good ....Although I almost ran him down ....there was not enough track to do it....I needed about 50 -75 feet more track.

Jim took home first place...... he was very excited to say the least....... I am sure Jim in heaven is still smiling about it today.

My condolences go out to his family..... he was a asset to the Viper community!

Cudaman :usa:

S

SUN RA KAT

I remember that race, Ward. Jim was as graceful a winner as you were coming in 2nd.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences to his family from another OH VCA member. Life is short, sometimes very short. Makes you think.

Sam, we need to have a special toast to Jim and a few words on March 19th.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a tribute to Jim his friends and family provided at the funeral home Sunday. Sam and I traveled to Youngstown to pay respects. Upon arrival we though a president was lying in state! A line of mourners stretched for a block and around the corner! We knew him through our Viper Club activities, but Jim was an entrepreneur, husband, father of two daughters, active in the horse community and very popular with the youth.

Paul Suloff
VP Ohio VCA

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Libby and I are shocked to hear of the untimely death of Jim. We first met Jim when he purchased my 1993 RT10 [******] 600 with nitrous. I had just run and won the Viper class at the Mopar Nationals at National Trails dragstrip when I got a call from Jim while I was still in the Columbus area. We drove over to Youngstown and Jim bought my RT10. it is such a shame to see a young person taken away so unexpectatedly. Our sincerest condolences to the Poma family.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I suspect we probably met Jim at one of the other national events, I am sure we saw him at the Lazart booth. I have my 2003 SRT-10 cube from VOI 7 displayed right next to my monitor. Our condolences and thoughts go out to his entire family.

Chris

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thanks to all that viewed this thread and your kind thoughts and comments for our lost friend. I printed the thread and will be mailing it to Jim's wife and family.

Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang