"Joining The Ranks" Soon!

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have lurked around this site for last few months and just want to make a post since I found a car and I'm scheduled to pick it up this weekend! I'm quite anxious to say the least!! My previous cars were all Luxury Imports (Lexus, BMW, etc) but I wanted to shake things up a bit.

This is a great site, very informative and also a bit more mature than some other owners forums for this vehicle. I would like to take a moment to thank Chuck Tator for his help. He returned a few of my calls, and ran a few VIN numbers for me as well as lending his expert advice. VERY reassuring to say the least. I really hope you guys appreciate all the help that he gives you for nothing in return, VERY rare in current times.

I hope to be posting soon with good news and pics, but until then have a great evening

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with your statement about Chuck Tator. He has always been very informative and all my decisions related to my Viper have been decided after consulting with him. :2tu: :usa:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome DII & MTGTS,

Agreed Chuck is a great member of our club and sets a very high standard for Viper dealers as a whole. As time passes you'll enjoy some of the other great members and sponsors we have.

It's great that you have good experience with other marques and you'll appreciate what the Viper is and what it isn't, versus some of those cars that try to balance so many aspects a vehicle can be and do a decent job at some aspects more than others.

Also, there is a new raffle for VCA members, so be sure to get your VCA # and if you're interested, buy a ticket or three for the 1st 2008 Viper available to the public.

Regards,
Aaron

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome DII & MTGTS,

Also, there is a new raffle for VCA members, so be sure to get your VCA # and if you're interested, buy a ticket or three for the 1st 2008 Viper available to the public.

Regards,
Aaron

When is the deadline for this?

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome DII & MTGTS,

Agreed Chuck is a great member of our club and sets a very high standard for Viper dealers as a whole. As time passes you'll enjoy some of the other great members and sponsors we have.

It's great that you have good experience with other marques and you'll appreciate what the Viper is and what it isn't, versus some of those cars that try to balance so many aspects a vehicle can be and do a decent job at some aspects more than others.

Yes, just from surfing I can easily see that members like mike&juli, nader, city snake, etc are very helpful. I'm in the Westchester Area of NY so I'll be able to attend lots of gatherings / runs / etc. My brother has a C5 Vette so I have met alot of the captree guys through him!

Also you make a great point with various marques. I'm a car fanatic, not a brand fanatic so I try different things. Most Lexus guys hate BMW guys who hate MB guys, etc. I really don't care, if the car is hot, its hot, bottom line.

All of my buddies have recently purchased fast sports cars, so I knew another luxo-sedan would not cut the mustard performance wise. About 2 months ago I was reviewing potential new cars, and my brother actually suggested the Viper. At first I balked, but then I really researched the vehicle, and its a good car, especially when price is taken into consideration.

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey DII, Good choice. You will love the RED! Congrats.

Yeah, I went to a dealer that had a copperhead, gts blue and red SRT10 all lined up, so I could really evaluate the colors well. The copper and blue are obviously very nice colors. However, the red for Vipers is almost like red for Ferraris, it just "fits" (same analogy holds true for yellow).

Although I would not purchase them for myself, two more colors that I respect for the viper are black and silver. Both of them give the car a much more subdued, classy, almost European look. Much more understated colors that really tone the overt nature of the Viper down 2 or 3 notches.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DII--You just re-affirmed what I tell everybody about Chuck Tator!!! Even though you didn't even HAVE a Viper at the time you called him, he takes the time to return your calls and help you out...that's the type of guy he is, we're VERY fortunate to have him as a Viper Tech on these forums!! And, uh, YEAH, BLACK is a HECKUVA great color!~! Good luck in your purchase, and welcome to the forums!!! Join the VCA and you're entitled also to buy a raffle ticket for the only Venom Red w/champagne stripe Viper to come off the production line!! ~juli~

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DII,

You might also want to attend the following event even if it's just for the meal and to meet everyone:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=604208

Bring your brother in his Vette to the next event you attend so we can convert him from C5 to Viper. My neighbor was a huge vette fan....now he's got a 2006 Bumblebee Coupe (what a stunner of a car!).

Oh yeah, by the way....you chose Red which if you search the threads here, is argued to be the fastest Viper color although not all of us agree (me being one of them). Feel free to submit new reasons why Red is the fastest color, we're always looking for a good debate.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DII--what Aaron said--yeah, your very good friend, Chuck Tator (Viper Wizard indeed :2tu: ) came up with this complicated physics equation as to WHY RED was the fastest, :smirk: it was funny!~! We believe BLACK is fastest, as with the headlamps off, hey, it's the fastest at night, right????!!! :lmao: :lmao: ;) ~juli~

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bring your brother in his Vette to the next event you attend so we can convert him from C5 to Viper. My neighbor was a huge vette fan....now he's got a 2006 Bumblebee Coupe (what a stunner of a car!).

I doubt it, he actually was going to get a Viper since he figured I'd flake, so now he's got his eyes on the C6 Z06. Its cool variety is the spice of life right?!

Oh yeah, by the way....you chose Red which if you search the threads here, is argued to be the fastest Viper color although not all of us agree (me being one of them). Feel free to submit new reasons why Red is the fastest color, we're always looking for a good debate.

Regards,
Aaron

My god I have seen those posts and references, i thought it was a big JOKE! lol. You guys are hilarious, hey thats good news for me.

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DII--You just re-affirmed what I tell everybody about Chuck Tator!!! Even though you didn't even HAVE a Viper at the time you called him, he takes the time to return your calls and help you out...that's the type of guy he is, we're VERY fortunate to have him as a Viper Tech on these forums!!

That was exactly what I said to him. I have some sense of decency so I only called him 2 or 3 times, I didn't want to abuse his good natured assistance. But even still I appreciated it!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was exactly what I said to him. I have some sense of decency so I only called him 2 or 3 times, I didn't want to abuse his good natured assistance. But even still I appreciated it!

You're a good guy!!! Glad you appreciated Chuck, he IS exactly as he appears to be...down-to-earth, very honest, knowledgeable, just to mention a few of his attributes.
Glad to have you onboard!~! (The red car thing WAS a joke, a very good one!!!) ~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DII,

My neighbor put down his $5000.00 deposit on an 06 ZO6, then said he'd wait for the ZO6 SS.....he went and drove the Viper once.....called and got his deposit back and bought the Viper and got a hell of a deal.

Your brother will have some spice by having something different than you, I agree with you on that....however when he goes to sell, he'll be walking away with quite a bit less money and when the two of you are out.... he'll notice a big difference in the jaw drop factor.....just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys just reporting back, I bought her home yesterday!!! What a thrill ride it is! It was sunny and about 90 degrees when I picked it up. There is NOTHING like a shiny red Viper on a sunny day! lol

I picked the car up in TN and drove it back to NY, NEVER again! The long trip put a damnper on my enthusiasm, but then I got it back to NY, got it cleaned, and showered and I'm in love all over again!

I'm just taking the time to learn the car right now (shift points, clutch takeup, traction - or lack thereof). What I have found to work best is making all my inputs smooth. No stabbing of the clutch, brakes or gas. Also I lean into the throttle rather than stomp it, and only after I'm in the gear and the clutch is fully engaged. I made it 900 miles without spinning so I'm already head of the Viper early spin curve right? lol

I must say I love the performance. I had more fun driving this car at 80-90mph just toying around than in any other car at 150mph. The large displacement renders the power so effortless and consistent.

I would like to thank Chuck Tator once again! Guess who's taking a trip to see the Wizard!!! :2tu: :)

Its raining off and on here, but I'll share pics asap (its a red stock viper, I THINK you guys MIGHT have an idea what it looks like! hehe)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey DII--Welcome back from TN, and glad you made it safely with the Viper!!! Yeah, it's rainy here in NY State...not conducive to Viper driving...glad you got to get the 'feel' of driving the BEAST...we look forward to your pictures, and again, WELCOME and ENJOY!
**Glad you're going to Chuck's** ~juli~

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations DII,

Even on rainy days, your baby will still be in the garage begging you to open the garage door up, fire her up and rev her just a little......the smile on your face when doing even something to simple is one of those joys that puts owning a Viper in such nice perspective.

The Viper is certainly a car that rewards you for driving smooth and those rewards are great....as many have said, there is no replacement for displacement!!

Regards,
Aaron

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We never get tired of looking at pictures of Vipers here.
Except for Python Pete's bumblebee...I'm really sick of that one.
Lol @ Pete! :2tu:

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot, I never get tired of seeing a Viper. Took mine out for a drive this afternoon and as you stated, fell in love again. Well I never actually fell out with this car. If she would fit through the door she would be sleeping in the house (and yes, we are talking about the car).:lmao:

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took the car out for a quick spin with my 11yr old niece earlier, I dont ever think I've seen her smile like that!

One of the most amazing things about this car has to be the rarity. I have been a official owner for about 48hrs now and I can not count the amount of people that have said "I have never seen one of these in person!" Along with the nice young man that was courteous enough to inform me that I was driving his dream car! lol

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the car out for a quick spin with my 11yr old niece earlier, I dont ever think I've seen her smile like that!
One of the most amazing things about this car has to be the rarity. I have been a official owner for about 48hrs now and I can not count the amount of people that have said "I have never seen one of these in person!" Along with the nice young man that was courteous enough to inform me that I was driving his dream car! lol

You must be registered for see images

Yeah, the 'whiplash' looks are the best!!! Good for you for giving your niece probably the ride of her life!!! And, we NEVER tire of the thumbs-up, and the ''''''You are driving MY DREAM CAR"....well it IS our dream car...so we certainly understand!!! ENJOY! ~juli~