Just bought a 2009, now it's time to go to work....

labradorguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

I just bought a 2009 and LOVE it, but there are some changes I want to make and I thought I would get some ideas from the people that know.

Of course, I want to do like everyone else and start tweaking it. What is the best bang for you buck? The hottest cars around are tweaked Z06's and that *****...haha..

I know I want to change the exhaust. I like em LOUD like my old Stingrays. Who has the best exhaust for being loud and raucous while crusing the street or getting on it a little at a light?? I can not find a K&N or AFE for it but I hear they are out there. I am thinking about maybe going with a Venom package..who has experience with those or something similar? I saw that Mopar has a cat-less system. I live in a state with no emissions testing, is there a way to let this engine breath better without causing a lot of lights to pop up on the dash??? Thanks guys!

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The full Belanger set up sounds really good. That would be my first choice... after hearing a few of the set ups out there.

Dont forget to get a clear bra put on it. You will want to keep that 09 looking good since it could be the last year they will be made.

So where are you located? Its that time of year where a lot of good events are going on.

OP
OP
L

labradorguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am near STL. I like that idea of a clear bra. I will have to locate one.

I know...that is why I got one while I did, we may be on the verge of a huge change, just like when the big blocks died in the early 70's.

It will be a real shame.

Thanks for the ideas.