Just completed my RT-10

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a year ago I purchased my 01 RT-10 and really enjoyed the summer driving months. She was already beautiful but I wanted to do some things to make her stand out a little more and maybe even attend and compete in some local car shows. Well, after 6 months of planning and shop time, here's the result...I think it turned out great. :D

So here's what was done - dual black stripes painted front to rear...wanted it a little different so in addition to the two solid stripes I had them add a couple of smaller ones to either side and to take it all the way through the license plate. Bought a hard top and had it painted and striped as well. I also changed out all of the emblems on the outside to black as a contrast to the yellow paint.

New CCW 505A (19") with new Nitto rubber. Added Eibach springs to take it down an inch and close the gaps between the wheelwell and tires.

Custom interior in the softest black and yellow leather. Replaced all of the carpet along the doors and back of the seats and had them do some great contrasting stitching everywhere including the shift boot, knob, and steering wheel. Had them paint some of the dash to help break up the wide expanse of black. I used the newer Viper logo inside and replaced the badges on the outside because I really like the look versus the Sneaky Pete design.

New audio system including a Kenwood pop out head unit with DVD, nav, and iPod. New Kenwood speakers all around and a custom trunk done in leather and yellow carbon fiber to house the amp and subwoofer. Also had them design it so that the sides of the trunk could be used for storage but not be seen. They ported the sub into the cabin so that the bass comes out of the area between the seats at shoulder height and they covered it and the amp with a cool plexi piece with the Fangs logo, both of which light up with the push of a button.

Finally we just put on a polished Roe Blower with chrome air tubes and other engine goodies. After tuning, she produces 547 RWHP and 578 RWT. You'll also notice the Supercharged script I added just below each of the side Viper RT-10 badges...these were actually designed and produced by one of the forum members who had them out to me before I knew it.

Big thanks to R2B2 motors for the interior and audio, D&D Kustoms for the stripes, Alan's Viper for many parts, Roe Racing for much of what I needed to add the blower, and John at Fast Lane Autos for putting the mechanicals together.

Sorry for the long post but I'm pretty excited to add mine to the long list of great looking Vipers on here. Hope you like!!! :)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GORGEOUS car!

So, you had the gas tank ported to get that bass to come through? Did I read that right? Sounds extensive AND expensive. I love the trunk!

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm not sure how they ported from the trunk to the interior...just know it took them a good while!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I would have to say your car looks different now! Congratulations. Exterior is amazing, the interior is very different too. I never understood why the interior companies always put the seam for the center console through the middle though. I would think that around the side would look better? Either way I like that black and yellow!!!

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually asked for the seam down the middle...saw a couple of pics with just the seam on the edge and thought I wanted something a little different. I'm moving to TX this weekend and hope to have the car out by early April. Hopefully I'll get some good feedback at the car shows!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just in time; it's supposed to be back up to 80˚ by Monday, and the Viper/Supra meet is starting Wednesday (I think), the Mile is a few weeks after that then we have the Roundup early next month. Lots to do with that brute/beaut!

Right now? 40˚ and raining.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I LOVE IT !!!! i did the same to mine over the winter ( stripes, interior and as we speek finnishing all my engine upgrades) but i also did the fang emblems on mine again i love the car !!!!!

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole car looks fantastic. I wonder if you could remove the fangs logo from the glove box though... having 4 of the same logo in that one pic just seemed to "busy" to me for some reason. I love the leatherwork, man that looks sweet!

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about removing the one on the glove box for the same reason you say. When they did the seats I had told them I wanted "VIPER" embroidered but they thought I meant the logo and not the lettering! I'll probably give it a little more thought and see if it's worth the effort. But thanks for all the positive feedback on the effort. Definitely looking forward to some sunny days in TX!

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DSCN9704.JPG
DSCN9703.JPG
DSCN9702.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang