Just flipped to the dark side

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just traded in my beloved '95 that I've had for 6 yrs. I know I'm a traitorous dog to the RT family ... I went for a silver '99 coupe. 3k miles and so clean and perfect you could almost lick the oil pan. Hennessey headers and exhaust, lowered, airbox opened up w/smoothies and K&Ns. Bought it from SW here in Austin at Elite Motorsports and it dynos at 450rwhp.

My impression after 6 yrs of gen I ownership and track use: HOLY #!^&$!! I didn't know what I'd been missing. This thing is a totally different car. Soooo smooth handling I can't hardly believe it. Stability at speed is vastly superior to my gen I. It was always trying to snap around on me at the track ... what a balancing act. This one doesn't have that knife edge twitchiness at all. Power and thrust are awesome as well. Probably 75-80 rwhp more than the RT. What I want to know is how the heck have I been passing all those coupes at the track?
You must be registered for see images
The drivers must have been asleep ... driven hard this thing is going to be a streak!

I'm in love.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Eric, congrats...SW certainly carries some PRIME used exotics! More and more, I believe the rarer colors will be premium-priced after Aug 2002.

The feelings you express are EXACTLY like those of us in turn, who took delivery of GTSs back in '96. HOLY $HIT ! The Gen-I RT and the GEN-II cars are night-day different cars.

Eric, be careful in a Texas Gullywashing Downpour. K+N Airbox has 2 tiny drainholes. Rainstorms in TX are not tiny !

One note: Those of you with Eric's "twitchy" complaints, esp on 92-94 RTs, there are some simple "fixes" to improve this condition. Once performed, you can also love your handling almost as much as GTS owners !

2thDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for it? I've seen that GTS in his store. I sincerely hope you didn't pay more than $60,000. (I just sold my black GTS (at the left) with similar mods and miles and in MINT condition for $58,000)

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

Would you mind sharing some of the "simple fixes"? I know that there is a thread regarding alignment, so if this what you are referring to then I'll look at that thread. Thanks for the information
You must be registered for see images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine