Just how quick is a Viper?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we kinda forget just how much torque these cars have, you sort of get used to it the longer you have the car (almost 6 years for me). But, take somebody out in it who has not been in a Viper before, and they are almost always amazed at the torque and how fast it can get up to 60 mph, or how fast it can go from 50 to 80 mph. I took a co-worker out in the '94 the other day a(a day that did not threaten to rain here in West Michigan has been quite rare this month), and put the car through its paces a bit for him. He was genuinely amazed at the power the Viper has and how it can stick a corner or two like it is on rails. I admit, I have gotten more used to the torque this car has, and it is good to be reminded by someone just how strong these cars really are. He couldn't stop thanking me all that afternoon and even the next day he was still talking about it. (Of course when we first bought the car, I would go out to the garage every night and just look at it and still could not believe that we owned such a beautiful beast!) Not sorry one bit that we bought the car, and it still gets the "Thumbs up" :2tu: sign so often it is truly amazing. I would imagine that some of you out there have gotten that same reaction with your Viper more than once yourselves.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad I don't drive mine every day, not so apt to "get used to it". Alltho I do find myself tryin' to figure out how to make it quicker! Maybe sitting over the winter will bring me back to "reality"!!!!! :D

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be the 3" throttle-bodies I have, but honestly, the car has a lot less bottom end than I thought it would. I admit I could drive it through the gear at idle without touching the gas pedal if it was not for the skip-shift, but wow the car really comes alive at 4,000 rpm until the redline. I was expecting stump pulling torque - you know like I would not be able to keep the tires underneath it - but got a very fun linear normally aspirated power curve. Some days my S4 "feels" faster (but is not) due to its big turbo torque **** which then falls of as it heads for the redline. Short gears are high on my list for my Viper so I can get that V10 spinning and make some power.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960