Just installed my Corsa.

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds pretty nice! Love the tips. I got some pipes coming to delete the cats next week. Hopefully that will make it a bit louder and give me a few extra ponies.

The guy at Roe said i don't need o2 sims on my 99 even tho the sims say for 98 and up. Hope he's right.

Is taking the cats off going to mess up my fuel mixture?

Valentine61

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put Corsa's and K&N Aircharge on my '06. I talked with Jason Heffner (Heffner Performance) here in Sarasota and he said no problem with the mix. The stock system doesn't use a typical mass airflow sensor, rather a fuel air delivery system that adjusts fuel supply by up to 33.6%. He told me that short of going to a significant increase in airflow (much more than with the Corsa and K&N) the system will take care of the fuel adjustment perfectly. Makes ya gotta love your Viper!!! Hopefully the same applies to your model year.

MM...

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this same setup, Corsa with no Cats. It will certainly make it loader :D

I never had a problem with fuel mix.

Enjoy the Roar!

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same combo here. Last time I got car thru inspection for state (DE) they checked loudness. 98 decibels I think soon they may not allow. Not good. Garth

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had corsa with stock cats. Relatively quiet. Corsa with No cats. LOUD! Now Corsa with high flows. Pretty loud and just about right. When you're on the pedal and don't have cats your car will be heard a mile away. GTS Bruce

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had Corsa with metallic substrate cats from Roe... VERY LOUD and sounded great outside the car, but the drone inside was terrible. Ripped those out and bought high flow ceramic Cats from JonB at Parts Rack; still good and loud, but without the drone. I would call JonB before you buy or do anything as he has talked to Corsa techs as to what is the best thing that matches up with Corsa. Just giving you my experience. If you go without the Cats you better get a good set of ear plugs... :D