Just installed Teamtech 6-points, a few of questions

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The install was very easy although time consuming (8 hours).

Thanks to Henry and Janni Cone for the excellent installation instructions (included with the harness).

Here are my questions:

1. There were only 2 spacers included, one with each harness. I used these on the inboard stock belt. Do I need to get Teamtech to send me to more for the outboard?

2. What do you do with all the excess belt? Can it be cut to a reasonable length? I assume if I do this I can heat the ends to prevent fraying.

3. The harness really digs into my neck. Do pads help? I think I read somewhere that some stitching can be removed to allow more room through the headrest. Anyone done this? What is the long the term results?

I'll try to post some pics in the next week or so.

Thanks,

Ken

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I just installed mine last week and unfortunately installed all 4 spacers which made the inner eyebolts stick out too far thereby gouging the inner (and fortunately hidden) side of the seat. Did it late one night solo and never thought it through....

I was also concerned about neck abrasion but for me it's not an issue as I wore a collared shirt and had the belts under the collar.

I also reversed the buckle as Jon stated and as the Cone's suggest. I would not cut anything off as you never know when you might need it.</FONT f>

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the installation instructions again and they do require 2 sleeves per side (see steps 32 & 33). If you look at the bolts that you removed, there is a non-threaded portion near the head of the bolt. The eyebolts provided with the teamtechs are fully threaded. Therefore, the sleeves are there to compensate for the fully threaded eyebolts. Does this make sense? In any case, I talked to Teamtech and they told me I did need 2 sleeves per side.

Keep in mind that I have a 2001. And if I've learned anything, year matters.

Thanks,

Ken

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>2. What do you do with all the excess belt? Can it be cut to a reasonable length? I assume if I do this I can heat the ends to prevent fraying.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The belts were threaded correctly into the buckle in the first place. The extra hanging out should be threaded back into the buckle one more time once you get the lengths adjusted properly. (this is from the Vipertech, Tom, at Viperdays, good guy.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>3. The harness really digs into my neck. Do pads help? I think I read somewhere that some stitching can be removed to allow more room through the headrest. Anyone done this? What is the long the term results?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Run the belts on the outside of the headrests. On this inside the plastic seatbelt guide makes a reasonable rest.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Took the seats out again and yes you do need spacers on both the inner and outer lap belt mounts. This is to let the OEM belts pivot.

Unfortunately in my case, the inner (by the trans tunnel) eye bolts protrude so much with the spacers that the drivers seat (only as passenger side has a bit more clearance...) cover rips. To prevent further damage, I had to cut about 1/3 of the shim off, polish the eye bolt and use gaffers tape on the seat where the bolt rubs to prevent further damage.

If you're installing 5 or 6 points, check your clearance before sliding the seat fore and aft.</FONT f>