Just recd call from Eric about comp coupe

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to know they feel our pain!!HE SPENT 5 MINS ON THE PHONE
with me.I grilled him as best I could....
In the next week or 2 expect email updating us on purchase procedure.About 10 cars per month being built!!!!!!!!!!!!
expect 20 or so by Jan end. First cars late Dec.Expect pecking order info around Christmas
STRIPES will be an option. PRICE TO BE DETERMINED (Reasonable I'm told)

Decal packaGE TO BE WORKED OUT WITH VRL.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wayne,
Thanks for the info.
Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
You must be registered for see images

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
Laura,

those pics I was making will be on their way in about 2 weeks, sorry for the delay....again.

Craig

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it, it's really no problem Craig, thank you for doing that for me
smile.gif
Happy Thanksgiving
wink.gif

You must be registered for see images

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that everyone was assigned a number in line during the approval process. You will move up in that order unless you have asked to stay in the second series. I was told there are 32 in the first group. I am #33.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to use stripes. They will not be standard issue though. I'm still working on the final design and colors. I'm also still looking for the right painter. I have a few names but haven't had time to make contact with them yet.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I received my call from Eric on the day before Thanksgiving. He told me that I was car #5 with an expected completion date of January 4. He estimated 2 weeks delivery time. They will use the first available Reliable truck that is coming out to Arizona.

They will paint stripes at an additional cost of $900 added to their base paint cost of $5,900. This sounds like a recent change in their decision, as originally they woulkd not be offering stripes. He sais they would deliver the car in primer with very minimal paint preparation required. I ordered mine unpainted. Fat Albert's Paint & Body in Phoenix will do the paint work.

We also discussed my itemized list of options and spare parts to be delivered along with the car.

He said the upgraded data acquisition option would be explained in more detail within 2 weeks, but that it would probably not be worth it for VRL racers, since no changes will be allowed on the cars. Even the brake pads (from Mintex) will be spec in the VRL series.

The car will be delivered with a track alignment and it will have been bump steered and set at proper ride height. I understand they are considering a minimum acceptable ride height for the VRL racers.

No itemized parts price list was available yet. There will be a 1-800 number to call and purchase parts directly from Dodge or a Dodge affiliate specifically for the Comp Coupe. There will be no discounting available to anyone. Expect the VRL vendors to charge a premium (although he didn't know how much) for such parts if you need to purchase them at the track. He did say that Dodge is very interested in minimizing the cost of operating one of these cars.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Received an update on my Comp Coupe from Eric today. I've been moved up from car #5 to car #2. The roll cage is being installed today. They will paint my car black with silver stripes.

The standard factory paint job will leave all carbon fiber parts such as the splitter, wing, diffuser, sills bare carbon. The wing uprights and end plates will be anodized black. The interior is painted a medium gray which will be light enough to reveal stress cracks but dark enough to be easier to keep clean than white.

They will paint the inside of the headlight covers black, similar to what they have done on the prototype cars. The car does not have functional headlights. They are toying with the idea of NASCAR-style headlight decals to give the appearance of real headlights. He said the World Challenge Series would require this.

He also told me the car and all spare parts would be shipped to me on December 20. Spare sets of the new Hoosier race slicks which were manufactured specifically for this car will have to be ordered from Bobby Archer Motorsports.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news Frank. Congrats. I am sure you will have that car at the track before the end of the year. Fill us in.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank - Congrats on the good news!

If the Hoosier race slicks that were made for this car will have to ordered from Archer - what tire will be installed on the car at the factory before shipping the car?

Is it possible to visit the site where the Comp Coupes are being built to see our CC when it's in the build process?

OP
OP
B

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank if you were moved up did some others cancel?Or maybe just a re-arangement of the pecking order.I'm going to ask them for functional headlights. The wiring I understand is all there.

I think the factory paint job will be a plus down the road?

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The Comp Coupe is delivered on a new set of the Hoosier race slicks. If you have ordered extra sets of wheels, they are shipped to you without any tires.

Nobody has canceled their order. I was moved up in the schedule because I agreed to let them paint my car and they needed a painted car to show to the press. Apparently, nearly everybody is ordering their car without paint.

FYI, Eric has been very pleasant to deal with. I simply requested that he make sure my car receives the same quality paint job that he would want on his own personal car. I doubt they will want to show my car to the press if it has a marginal paint job. I trust he won't let me down. What I get in return is a delivery date that is possibly 2 or 3 weeks earlier so that I can get the car on the track in early January. This is the best time of the year in Arizona!

OP
OP
B

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having them paint mine. I don't have the time,desire or patience to deal with a paint shop.I changed my color scheme yesterday to Red with tapered silver stripes.Sanity prevailed.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's how I want to paint my Street Coup when it shows up....

Maybe you guys can use these pics' for some idea's on your cars.

viper2.jpg

viper3.jpg

viper4.jpg

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dixter - Nice design idea. You gave me an idea on my CC paint job.

Bad Viper - I just did the same thing. Well, I'll have to do a little something different when it arrives in California.

How many CC's are coming to California? Anyone know?

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom 2K:
I'm going to use stripes. They will not be standard issue though. I'm still working on the final design and colors. I'm also still looking for the right painter. I have a few names but haven't had time to make contact with them yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know a painter...

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am number #6 will have my Comp.Coupe by Jan.10. It will carry the #337 in the VRL. It's going to Archer Racing in primer and will be painted my original colors as my 1996 GT1 /GTS Coupe, Blue with White Stripes and badged in a similar way.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, The comp coupe looks very nice in the Blue/white....
I have the model in that color and I like it very much...

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wayne, I didn't ask about which magazines would cover the Comp Coupe launch. Probably only Viper Magazine.

Dixter, beautiful paint scheme. If you plan on racing your car, you may want to consider staying away from metallic paints that are hard to match/touch up.

MBARR, I polled the Comp Coupe purchasers over a month ago and I got only 8 replies. 75% were buying their car to race in the VRL.

Gary, congrats on your #6 car. Should look awesome in blue/white.