K&N Filters ?

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not tore into my air cleaner box yet.IM getting the K&N filters. My question is this. I see where there are 2 filters for the Viper GTS. So I assume you have to have 2 filters. Can you run one filter or is 2 the only way you can run the K&N.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My airbox has two rectangular openings, each fitted with a K&N. If yours is similar, you have to run both (or filter half the air).

You might be able to mod the box so it takes only one filter, but the filter'd be twice the size of the smaller single filters so there'd be little point in doing so.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming your car is red, hence your screen name, your car will need both filters to gulp all the air it needs. Yellow cars on the other hand usually won't start and therefore don't need the filter, and should be sold for scrap.

OP
OP
R

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they were cheaper until they hit me with the shiping cost. I went with the K&Ns. Thanks I will keep them in mind.

Wads97GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of Borla power set filters for 96-02 Vipers brand new for $40 shipped. I bought them in advance of getting my car and guess what I found when I picked up the car!!! PM if interested. Thanks